Respected Contributor

Re: Recent DOONEY TSV tote - regret it now

Glad you were able to return the bag,  it didn't sound like it worked well for you.  

I prefer structured handbags and have found that using a handbag organizer inside some less structured handbags gives them the shape and functionality that works for me.  I just mention it as an option for those who own bags that might benefit from this technique.  

There are many organizers on the market, in different sizes and  in  various price ranges.   My first, and one of my favs,  was the PursePerfect from QVC,  many years ago.   Since then I've tried others and have learned that for me the organizer needs to have some structure to do it's job well,  so the very thin nylon organizers,  while light weight,  don't work..  

I haven't invested in the brands that many buy for 'luxury' handbags, so I can't comment on them.   But the $25 I spent on my PursePerfect was one of the best investments I've ever made.  I've used it for years.  It keeps my handbags organized,  the linings clean, and adds structure to the softer bags.  An organizer can also prevent the bottom of a handbag from sagging when you load it up.  And since the organizer distributes the weight of the items in your handbag,  it may prevent the handles from pulling on the fabric in the area where they are attached.

Everyone has different preferences for handbags.... soft or structured, big or small,  cross body, shoulder, or satchel, and on and on.   Sometimes we love the look and feel of a handbag,  or some functional element,  but it's not right for us in other ways.  If we can find something easy to help us adapt the bag to our needs,  then it may turn out to be a good addition to our handbag ccllection.  Being able to add an organizer or interchange straps can be a creative solution sometimes.