Honored Contributor

Re: Purse essentials

[ Edited ]

Crossbody, lightweight, east/west design (not north/south which I find to be a bottomless pit), areas for at least 6 credit cards and a couple of zippered compartments.  Ordered the Baggallini from QVC for under $30 and found it to be a good every day bag.  I rarely change my purses so it has to be practical.

Do people still carry checkbooks??? LOL!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite type bag is a satchel. Preferably with long enough handle that either can be adjusted or another strap can be attached. My must haves are a wallet that matches my bag. I prefer a french style with coin attached. I also need, calendar, makeup bag, sanitizer, masks, glasses and cases. Regular eye glasses and sunglasses, Kleenex, telephone and gum.

But to be truthful, I love a lot of different bags. They just need to be big enough to carry all my "stuff".

For some reason today I am having a tough time posting pics.

Honored Contributor

I have always loved handbags and still do.  My favorite is one center section and it doesn't matter if it has special compartments or not but I do use two or so zipped make up bags to hold essentials so everything is contained.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I finally got my picture I wanted to post. Perseverance is what it takes. I guessBrooklyn Carryall

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My bags must be no bigger than 10x8 and lightweight. No totes, satchels and  no armpit bags either. I like shoulder or crossbody with a zipper for security. No advertising or minimal advertising the brand if at all possible. Do not want two straps either. If it has two, the shorter one must be removable. I don't carry much. Just a credit card wallet, phone, sunglasses, Chapstick, keys and tissues, and a mask that's buried somewhere at the bottom of my purse since I have worn one since May. I just bought this bag from Hammitt yesterday.

1A971A16-6F32-4B4A-AEE8-E4996F92A2AF.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Oh my gosh. You ladies are so informative, and funny too! 😛 some of your comments made me lol. The pics of cool, classy bags was a good idea and a bad idea. Now I want them. 😈

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I like a shoulder bag. Found a nice leather pocketbook-Le Sak. Not too big, not too small. Just right. I have to carry: lipstick,comb,bandages,safety pins,pen, checkbook, small date book,tissues, sun glasses,and reader, wallet,keys,a few Sweet and Lo,calculator, and small magnifying glass,. Sounds like a lot but they all fit.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Crossbody, lightweight, east/west design (not north/south which I find to be a bottomless pit), areas for at least 6 credit cards and a couple of zippered compartments.  Ordered the Baggallini from QVC for under $30 and found it to be a good every day bag.  I rarely change my purses so it has to be practical.

Do people still carry checkbooks??? LOL!!

@kaydee50   I use a Baggallini nylon bag, too...croosbody. I don't put cards in the slots since I do like to change out bags.

When I used to carry checks, I'd tear out a few and not carry the checkbook. I now find credit/debit cards much easier and many places won't accept a check...cash or credit cards only. 

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I cannot imagine switching handbags every day, but I guess some people do.  And how can anyone carry a bag with just one giant hole inside and no outside compartments?   lol

My handbag is Mission Control in my life.  I like organization, many compartments and the more the better.  Right now I am carrying a beautiful leather B Makowsky bag that has 3 outside pockets and 7 inner compartments, plus hardware that's two tone.   I never wear yellow gold jewelry, and finding a silver hardware bag isn't as easy as it should be.

(In case anyone is wondering, I first bought this style B Makowsky bag when he was still having what seemed like weekly TSVs, and was so impressed with its functionality that I bought a second one, wrapped it carefully and put it away.  Since then. I've found two more of this style on Ebay, never used, and bought those, as well.   That may seem a little extreme to some, but it's really the most functional leather bag I've ever found, so I couldn't resist.  The first purchase was donated and I'm now on the second one.  Even tho I'm very happy with this little leather masterpiece of design, I still look at handbags ..... and never see anything that even comes close to what I have.  

I would be interested in seeing this bag. 

My main concern is to have an outside pocket that will fit my phone and keep it secure. Dooney had a few bags that excelled at that but then never did it with a smaller version. I love short handles and crossbody bags, preferably if they coexist. I don't carry a lot with me but do like easy, quick access to what I have and extra space for other items I might pick up along the way. I go back and forth between using smaller travel organizers  and a larger purse organizer. I like changing out my bags every few weeks but this year did find a Coach bag that would hands down be my one to keep if I had to get rid of everything else. 

Respected Contributor

Satchel is my favorite style in a bag. Preferably with a detachable cross body strap.
I have a Kate Spade and a Dooney, both are called the Darcy satchel. Well that's my daughter's name so I had to have them. 🥰 

I don't change purses daily, only because I use different wallets with each one. Transferring stuff from one wallet to another is tedious. Each one has specific sections where I put certain things. I like to carry one purse and wallet combo for about a week. 
Now carrying my Lug Ranger. Gosh I love that bag. Will likely go back to the Patricia Nash tote in a week or so. It has such a fall vibe. And the smell of that luscious leather, ahh. Here in Florida it never looks like fall or winter. And we dont get to wear long sleeves and boots except for a minute or two. Haha So I pretend by using bags that I would have carried when I lived in Michigan. 

Harmonize the World