Esteemed Contributor

Re: PATENT LEATHER HANDBAGS?

@Shawnie Guess you're correct about smaller handbags.  I wasn't thinking about those. 

One for you!  (wink)

Honored Contributor

Do you think D&B is aiming to attract the Brahmin lovers with patent.  Brahmin bags are an embossed patent leather (real leather).

Respected Contributor

I have a  small D&B clutch/cross body I have enjoyed in Spring. When I was young, I recall those patent leather shoes for Easter and using Vaseline to keep the leather from cracking?

Occasional Contributor

Smiley Surprised just be careful i had a black leather oshrich bag next to my patent leather both dooney'  and the patent bag absorbed the black color from my other bag and left black ink spot's on my bag ''  i called customer service at DB nothing could be done :/

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ever since I was a child I've been fascinated with the patent look. I love that shiny appearance. As an adult I still like it and own several patent leather and patent bags. I don't carry them often, but do admire the way they look. They aren't as forgiving as more supple leathers, so have to be stored carefully. For a variety of reasons, a limited number of them is the way to go, at least for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
I LOVE PATENT LEATHER HANDBAGS. I have some Dooney and Bourke , a navy crossbody and a purple handbag and a black and white, all patent and they are leather. Have always loved patent leather as a child and now too. Love the quality of their patent leather I keep them all in the material bags they come with so they are protected and last longer..
New Contributor

I hate Patent leather handbags, don't care if they are real leather, they just look cheap.

Esteemed Contributor

You brought back memories for me @Gorgf.  I remember putting Vaseline on my patent shoes as a little girl.  Not sure why, but maybe to keep them shiny and remove finger prints.  They most likely were patent vinyl and not leather.

Honored Contributor

I generally won't buy a leather bag.  I actually prefer colorful printed treated cloth bags or some man-made material.   

I like faux patent leather handbags.  I don't have any at the momemt but over the years, I've had quite a few of them.