Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady

And sometimes, I wish I was retired! LOL I'm envious of the ladies on these boards who have that freedom. 

Thank you all for your kind comments!

I took my new satchel to work today for the first time and it worked out very well. I also got to appreciate the color in all different lighting. In artificial light, it comes off as a cross between a forest green and a teal but in the sunlight, it's a stunning shade of emerald!  I guess that exlains its color name "emerforest". Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Texasmouse et al, did her passing have any impact, negative or positive, on prices?  Just curious.  LM

@Lilysmom

i doubt it. kate spade and her husband sold their final interests in the company in 2006.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse  "Retirement" wasn't my choice. Health issues forced me to stop working at age 51 . . . and I was crushed. I loved being in the workforce, around people, meeting deadlines - and . the . clothes!  19 years later, I still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that I'm supposed to "dress down" due to disability/retirement . . . or whatever I am now!

You're tempting me with the stunning purse. The rolled handles and your emerald green comment has me chomping at the bit!!  I'm in love. Heart

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady I'm sorry you were forced to stop working. For me, it was the opposite.  I was a stay-at-home mom for 25 years and financial circumstances dictated my need to enter the workforce. Being a homebody at heart, I can't wait until I can stop punching a clock and be back in charge of my own schedule again. How different we all are...

If this handbag is calling your name, go for it! You only go around once! 😉

Respected Contributor
@Texasmouse.. Pretty bag - enjoy it..
Respected Contributor

@KKlim thanks 😊

Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse  We have a Kate Spade store about 35 miles away (between Lincoln and Omaha). Hope a friend is ready for a road trip tomorrow or Thursday. I'm curious about either the green and the blue now. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Have winter coats and dressy outfits for each one! Wonder if I have enough places to go to justify the cost. LOL

I know what you mean about being home with family. I was a stay-at-home mom until our son was in school full-time. Then, I was bored to tears! Went to work and thrived on working my way back up the ladder. Now, I often pick up my grandson and his friends from middle-school. Forgot how much those guys eat!!  

Retirement is a joy and you will love it! Life doesn't always go as planned. We make the best out of the cards that are dealt us and go from there. Best wishes. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse  Beautiful handbag.....just my style.

Enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

Thank you @Regal Bee Smiley Happy  I love satchels.

Honored Contributor
I love satchels too. That color is stunning.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"