Esteemed Contributor

I'm not scheduled for my knee replacement surgery until October and lately I've noticed that even though I carry only small bags (6x9 at the most) my leather Brahmins and Brighton bags a bit to heavy for me to lug around as I start to limp.  I was looking for suggestions on lightweight bags. I did buy a Vera Bradley gray one today with the credit card slots that seems pretty light. I am wondering about Dooney nylon (like the pouchette) or any other brands I might look at.  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

LeSportsac  love, love, love!  These are ripstop  nylon and I get mine on the Bay.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty  Keep in mind as you recover from your surgery, you won't necessarily need lighter weight bags   I've had one knee done and I don't. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Meowingkitty  Keep in mind as you recover from your surgery, you won't necessarily need lighter weight bags   I've had one knee done and I don't. 

I plan on going back to my regular bags once surgery and PT is over. Nice to know I can go back to them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty  When I broke my foot and had a cast after surgery, wheelchair, crutches, and therapy, I loved my Kipling Alvar.  

Macy's often discounts them and they are on Amazon too and now QVC. I had the metallic.  

Respected Contributor

You will definitely want a crossbody handbag.

Good luck to you.

Honored Contributor

Kipling, check online macys.I am old sold all my real nice leather bags, kooba,, brighton ,dooney and burke,and many others from buying years ago.can not carry them,too heavy.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Agree with @hicindy2 & @goldensrbest; I bought a Kipling when they debuted on QVC, & it's fabulous. I have arthritis, & didn't realize how much weight I was carrying with other bags until I got this one. Literally lifted the weight off my shoulder!

Trusted Contributor

@patbz wrote:

LeSportsac  love, love, love!  These are ripstop  nylon and I get mine on the Bay.

Yes, LeSportsac are very light and fabulous. And if they get dirty you can put them in the washer and they come out looking like new. Macy's used to sell them and I'd pick them up on sale.

I've also seen them at Nordstorm Rack.

I also bought a couple nylon cross-body bags at REI. They are a wallet-style but have compartments and one compartment was perfect for my Samsung phone. I like that body bag for traveling.

Honored Contributor

Another vote for the Kipling Alvar.  There are two sizes- small and medium.  Medium is what you want for an every day bag.

I'm pretty new to Kipling.  I bought one for a trip and then bought a few more.  

I saw my best friend last Thursday and we stopped in Macy's and she bought her first.  Great bags.

QVC carries them.  Macy's usually has some on sale and does Kipling's site.  I've also bought a few, new with tags, from ebay.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?