Honored Contributor

Anyone getting it? I love the size - large but not huge - and the organization. I do not need another purse at all but the red one is screaming that it wants to live in Florida so won't I please buy it. Seriously, a nice red purse can be a really pretty accessory to an otherwise bland colored outfit.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Joy & Iman purse TS today

I think it's a nice looking bag but I wish they didn't put the brand nameplate thingie on it. I would like it if it were plain.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@daisyk wrote:

I think it's a nice looking bag but I wish they didn't put the brand nameplate thingie on it. I would like it if it were plain.

When Iman pairs up with Joy - the products are cheap.

I bought one of their first bags - it was total junk and I returned it.

Call me a hopeless snob, but I would never want a bag with a Joy Magnano nameplate. A mop, yes - a bag, NO!

Respected Contributor

their half-dozen previous bags have mixed reviews with a lot of 1 stars.   the problems are always the same - bad smell, zippers stuck, peeling leather, the bags have a cardboard structure with thin layers of frankenleather glued to cover the cardboard. then they throw in some gimme like a cheap watch. plus the leather they use could be pig/lamb/cow...or goat? or some "other" leather

Honored Contributor

I think I saw another thread about this bag... For the same price one could easily find a nicer bag, and for a few dollars more one could actually find a very nice bag. I'm not impressed.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

thanks ladies - you have talked me out of buying it.

Valued Contributor

I am reminded of that old saying *Not All That Glitters is Gold* 

CAT

Occasional Contributor

Ordered the satchel bag a few months ago. Sent it back immediately.   Silly me - I should have read the reviews first.  The zipper did not work properly and this was a common complaint.  I didn't want to fight with the zipper when I am trying to answer an important call on my phone.  There were alot of different complaints on the bag.

As my mom used to say, "Buy cheap, buy twice"

Valued Contributor

The bag definitely looks like it has a cardboard structure. It looks like the leather is glued on to the cardboard. Very cheap and not high-low quality. I would NEVER buy anything with JM's name on it. Plus the gold hardware looks cheap.

Respected Contributor

You would think I would learn, but I took a chance on this bag for the organization, which I really need. I did flex pay and have a HSN card so if it's awful, back it goes. 

I'm hoping that Iman had some influence after the last disaster bag and made improvements. 

We'll see...