Frequent Contributor

Re: In need of light handbag - not expensive - suggestions, please!

@faeriemoonThanks for the tip on Baggallini's international collection.  I have to carry an Epipen and I found a discontinued Baggallini at TJ Maxx that is serving me well.   Now there is one online that caught my eye that is less casual.  The nylon is really rugged and they are well made.

Honored Contributor

If your interested in baggallini,check their web site,and 6 pm,macys had kipling bags.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Have you seen the Vera Bradley fabric bags on qvc? They are a bit old-ladyish, I know, but they may offer the light weight that you want. Dooney’s nylon or coated cotton bags would work, as well. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all of these suggestions!  I am happy to have some places to check and some names to look for.  I have a bad shoulder and back issues so I just can't do heavy bags any more.  Plus bags that have stiff or chain handles dig into me and cause pain and brusing.  I appreciate all of your posts!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the AmeriBag Healthy Back Bag.   It’s ergonomic, so it distributes weight carefully and wisely, it’s durable, it’s available in a multitude of designs, fabrics (very lightweight in microfiber or nylon, for example), colors, sizes, and it’s affordable — they often have sales on their site or on eBags, other retailers too.   Happy shopping, @AngelPuppy1!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  There are some Lug crossbody bags from Zulily today. Check it out. Good prices.

Honored Contributor

I am not sure what would constitute "not expensive" but my favorite new handbags are from Longchamp. I purchased a beautiful, very lightweight leather bag with both a handle and a shoulder strap and no more sore shoulder. For the summer I plan to get one in nylon which is less expensive but as light.

For myself, I prefer to spend a little bit more and have a bag last for a few years than something inexpensive where the stitching comes undone.... Per wear, it ends up being a lot less expensive.

Respected Contributor

Bought a Lug bag and loved it. Light. Bought a second one. Gave all my other ones away except one. Had to keep  it for the memories. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

LeSportsac, Longchamp & Herve Chapelier. All are made well, have great style & durability. 

ETA: Ilovedooneydotcom has a lot of nylon bags on sale.

Honored Contributor

@Magny wrote:
Spoiler
I suggest you look at Lug bags.  They have lots of choices and are very light.

I was going to suggest the same thing.  I dislike hand bags.  Someone suggested it to me.  It's a very light crossbody.  A no fuss bag,r and is organized even if you are not (ike me)  It's easy to get right here at QVC and you have easy pay.