Valued Contributor

Re: How many purses do you own?

Have enough to open a handbag store!  Will not even attempt to count. Call myself a collector but I am a purseaholic & I admi it. 

Trusted Contributor

@BrandNewBag wrote:

I just finished purging my handbag collection and right now have six Baggallinis, three Dooneys, and six Vera Bradleys. That's 15 altogether, but only seven of those are actually used as everyday purses. The others are for travel and storage (jewelry, paperwork, etc.).

It wasn't so long ago that one purse at a time was normal for me, but I just can't keep myself down on the farm now that I've seen Pareee. Smiley Very Happy it's nice to have a few to choose from.

@BrandNewBag   LOL! I totally get that reference and I'm right there with you, sister!
Esteemed Contributor

I own one crossbody that I use year-round.  I like the organization and have no reason to change bags.  For me a purse is utilitarian. It does what I need it to do.  When it wears out, I will buy a new one. 

Regular Contributor

I own 6 purses, which is about 7 too many for me. I HATE carrying a purse, but it seems like a necessity most days.

I have a couple of Coach totes, one black and one navy, that I use when I travel.

The other 4 are all Brahmin bags. Camera bags in black and pecan. A slightly larger hobo type bag in pecan, and a floral print on a cream background hobo that I use in the summer. 

I figure that if I have to carry one, it's a least going to be something decent looking. 

~Not a new poster, never been banned. Every time I take a break, I have to re-register for some reason~
Respected Contributor

Where do you sell yours? I've never had any luck getting more than $5 for name brand bags.

I have a bag in each of the normal colors- blk, Barn, red, cordovan, cream, navy, and blk patent. I may have two in the dressy colors, one large one small for dressy occasions. I have a few novelty bags as well. I'd say I have 20 all together.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Super Contributor

I have two purses, a light and a dark. I bought them at JCP. I will replace them when they fall apart
Honored Contributor

I have 5

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
New Contributor

This question definitely caught my attention!  Soooo.....I decided to do an inventory and while my total was obviously too many, it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be!  Smiley Wink  I have a grand total of 52 leather bags.  Additionally I have a few canvas totes, straw bags, etc.  Here is my brand breakdown: FOSSIL:1,  DOONEYS: 3,  AIMEE KESTENBURG:  3, AMERICAN WEST: 1,  BRAHMIN: 2,   CYNTHIA VINCENT: 1,   MICHAEL KORS: 5, CALVIN KLEIN: 2,  BRIGHTON: 3,  SUNDANCE: 1,  KATE SPADE: 1,  ANNE KLEIN: 1,  MARC FISHER: 1,  TIGNANELLO: 1,  VERA PELLE: 1,  BORN: 1,  FAOLO MASI: 1, MAXX NEW YORK: 1,   B. MAKOWSKY: 3  ...and... PATRICIA NASH: 19!   Yes I know...I'm a bit obsessed with NASH bags.   Thanks for the fun question! 

Respected Contributor

So many that I gifted my daughter with some of my coach and Dooney purses to make room for new, She was thrilled as they were very gently used.

Respected Contributor

We need to get a grip, LOL.