Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags: do u prioritize function or status?

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Fortunately and coincidentally "nice" bags work best for me. 

Lugs would make me nuts; hate all those pockets.  One outside pocket at most works for me.  I don't really even need an exterior pocket if there are two or three inside the bag.

Darn it @faeriemoon I wish you'd make up your mind. I just ordered you that tool belt bag for Christmas...

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb

YOu know, I had "her" (you know, with the minimum of eight exterior pockets) in mind when I typed that post.  

I'm trying to calculate how many hours a day I'd spend unzipping compartments looking for stuff.  It would make me positively insane!

Frequent Contributor

I have to admit I like quality bags. I have several Coach, and several D&B, 1 LV. Coach has a sale going on right now and I'm going to order a small over the shoulder for quick runs when I only need a few things like some cash, keys, a lipstick, and my debit card. I bought a bigger Coach in navy recentlyand love it, but there are times I don't even need half of what I carry for a run to the store, or coffee with my friends. I still have a couple vintage Coach bags that have the real ballglove leather and women come up to me and ask to buy them!! NO WAY!! They still look like new with a little Coach cleaner and they aren't going anywhere.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It all depends on the environment/ situation. If I am traveling functionality if I am working or going out status🌻By that I mean awesome design and quality. Made in Italy, France or Spain designed in France, Italy...

Esteemed Contributor

A bag has to be functional AND pretty for me. Status is not important but a well made leather bag is what I look for.

Honored Contributor

Just to note too... not everyone defines "status" in the same way... To me, none of the "usual" brands is a "status" bag... Coach, Dooney, Kors, Spade, Camuto, etc... are what I'd consider 'nicer' bags, but a "status" bag is one with a name like Balenciaga, Chanel, Tods, Hermes, Fendi and so on.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

I go with a brand I know and love and where my handbag will actually last. Mainly, I need a bag that will hold all my essential diabetic supplies first and foremost. So, yeah, I'm the one with a giant purse.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Just to note too... not everyone defines "status" in the same way... To me, none of the "usual" brands is a "status" bag... Coach, Dooney, Kors, Spade, Camuto, etc... are what I'd consider 'nicer' bags, but a "status" bag is one with a name like Balenciaga, Chanel, Tods, Hermes, Fendi and so on.

You're right!

Add to that Gucci, MCM, Burberry, Mui Miu, Chanel, Jimmy Choo, Yves St. Laurent, Givenchy, Prada.......

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

LUG handbags? I never heard of them, had to look them up. Wow. These bags are pretty ugly IMO. But, everyone has their own taste. I'll admit to being a snob when it comes to purses. I will only buy designer. I have quite a varied collection in every color and shape. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

function

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Fortunately and coincidentally "nice" bags work best for me. 

Lugs would make me nuts; hate all those pockets.  One outside pocket at most works for me.  I don't really even need an exterior pocket if there are two or three inside the bag.

Darn it @faeriemoon I wish you'd make up your mind. I just ordered you that tool belt bag for Christmas...

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb

YOu know, I had "her" (you know, with the minimum of eight exterior pockets) in mind when I typed that post.  

I'm trying to calculate how many hours a day I'd spend unzipping compartments looking for stuff.  It would make me positively insane!

Some of us are intelligent enough to remember what we put in which pocket.