Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

@Serendipity wrote:

@Krissie2 wrote:

I see that much shopping has been going on here. Smiley Happy

ive tried to keep things to a minimum, or at least just jewelry, since I am overrun with handbags. Same story as before, and after my initial push, I lost momentum on closet cleaning. I did buy some more storage benches from HSN last week, meaning I admit defeat. 

I was able to pass on the Dooney TSV, and hope not to be tempted by the AK TSV. I will live vicariously through the rest of you!  

Stevie - Happy Belated Birthday. Woman Happy

Hi @Krissie2! Yes, lots and lots of shopping. Glad you got those benches you were meaning to buy (or are these addional ones? Smiley Wink@EdithEllenLily Read a book on organizing that she liked and it prompted her to donate or sell 17 handbags! It's probably way too back in the thread to go, but it's kind of fun it you are inclined. I can't remember the title or author off-hand (shows how bad I am) but EEL will know if you're interested.

Jewelry is always great -- and takes up so much less space! Smiley Happy I've gotten hooked on Barbara Bixby jewelry lately. But I'm good now (at least until her next show!)

Good to hear from you!

Uh, about those donated bags, Miz Lily has managed to now replace about half of them...

Woman Wink

@Serendipity and speaking of Bixby, what did you decide to do about the bracelet. Please tell me you aren't keeping it with that faulty closure...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Boy, sure can't fool anyone hereWoman LOL

But, yes there is a but, I have sorted through some clothes and 3 handbags that I'm taking to the shop to sell. How about that?

You think I have bags, well you should see my coat collection! I did find 3 to take plus a few other things.

The bags are small Stone Mountain and a nice black leather bag from Penneys.

I really hate to part with my SM but it is time to go. They were some of the first that I found that had outside organizers.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb This is the gunmetal bag that I ordered and returned. You'll see it's the same finish. If you watch the video, you might get a better sense of it until the TSV airs. I wanted this bag, as it is a great crossbody, but the texture didn't appeal. Waiting for @EdithEllenLily review of the bubble bags because this is also offered in both gold and silver bubble lam. (Loved that this has a zipper closure beneath the flap and a full back slip pocket.) And this closure was cool too. Haven't seen it on other bags.

A269118 Aimee Kestenberg Pebble Leather Messenger Bag - Jade

a269118_848.102.jpega269118_849.102.jpega269118_jc4.102.jpeg

Occasional Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Krissie2 wrote:

ive tried to keep things to a minimum, or at least just jewelry, since I am overrun with handbags. Same story as before, and after my initial push, I lost momentum on closet cleaning. I did buy some more storage benches from HSN last week, meaning I admit defeat. 

I was able to pass on the Dooney TSV, and hope not to be tempted by the AK TSV. I will live vicariously through the rest of you!  

Hi @Krissie2! Yes, lots and lots of shopping. Glad you got those benches you were meaning to buy (or are these addional ones? Smiley Wink@EdithEllenLily Read a book on organizing that she liked and it prompted her to donate or sell 17 handbags! It's probably way too back in the thread to go, but it's kind of fun it you are inclined. I can't remember the title or author off-hand (shows how bad I am) but EEL will know if you're interested.

Jewelry is always great -- and takes up so much less space! Smiley Happy I've gotten hooked on Barbara Bixby jewelry lately. But I'm good now (at least until her next show!)

Good to hear from you!

I am about 3/4 of the way through the thread but not yet to that part. I'm curious now - so will be up all night reading. 

The benches are additional. They were the TS and I had a weak moment and ordered several, so evidently my new decorating scheme is faux leather, AKA plastic. I should just cancel my cable. 

I just found the GILI exotic hobo in blue. So if we are counting Ebay, which we really shouldn't, I haven't moved exclusively to jewelry. I watched that last BB show and ordered one ring. I can see speeding way too much on her pieces. They are gorgeous. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

So @EdithEllenLily which TSV bags did you order and not cancel?

Only gold distressed, dear!!! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity and speaking of Bixby, what did you decide to do about the bracelet. Please tell me you aren't keeping it with that faulty closure...

@stevieb I appreciate the nudge. I put it in the mail today, as much as it broke my heart.  Still pondering what to do about the Eastern...several of the pendants I got were for that, so they kind of go together. The grasshopper is a keeper regardless as it looks great on the other BB chain I have. But the textured link chain is too ornate for the abalone cross, and the little cross charm is for that one too. Sigh. The leather cord went back today too, as it was just too long and expensive. Someone on wait list will be very happy.

Honored Contributor

@Krissie2 wrote:

Krissie!!! Woman Very Happy So good to see you!! Closet cleaning is huge...I know! You'll get to it eventually...cooler weather will help, I think! 

I was living vicariously through everyone for a good portion of the summer and now I'm in big trouble with several AK handbags coming my way. I'll report back on the winners! Have a good evening, EEL

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

So @stevieb are you thinking of ordering the AK TSV in gun metal or gold?

@Serendipity I'm considering it. I probably won't but would like to see the presentation. It would be one or the other, though, not both.

@stevieb I like how the gun metal looks in person, just not the feel. So if you're not very tactile about these things, should be fine. On the couple reviews I have seen it wasn't even mentioned, so... But I am looking forward to @EdithEllenLily's reviews! 

The fact that it's a bit rough probably won't bother me. I tend to sort of like that in a metallic, when I go the metallic route, @Serendipity...  I don't think @EdithEllenLily got the gunmetal did she?  I know she got the distressed gold and cancelled the camo, was there a third? I seem to remember there might have been, but didn't think it was gunmetal.

I almost wish the gold distressed was an all-over instead of it being paired with black, but I might change my mind when I see it.

Nope, no gunmetal for EEL! I'm with Sunshine...I don't like rough and scratchy! I'm hoping the gold distressed is smooth and soft. We'll soon SEE and FEEL!!! Woman Happy P.S. I have a feeling a little bit of gold distressed goes a long way...I like it that it's only on the front.

I have a feeling though, @EdithEllenLily that the distressed gold part of the black/gold will be the same texture as the gunmetal... I saw a distressed gold bag recently and it was a rough texture. It was way cute though and had it been a bit larger I might have considered it seriously. I sort of like the texture. Probably prefer it to a smooth metallic.

Oh dear, now I am distressed! Woman Frustrated Hope not! I do like texture (e.g., quilted) but I don't like it to be rough. Hmmm...we will see! 

I'm hoping it might be like the soft suedish black and silver Lindy. @EdithEllenLily Since you will have the gold TSV and the B&S Lindy you can compare the two for us! Have these shipped yet? I'm anxious for them to get to you. LOL. @stevieb You should be fine with the gun metal then! The leather is still soft, just a bit textured.

YES! Everything has been shipped! Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

So @EdithEllenLily which TSV bags did you order and not cancel?

@EdithEllenLily I may have lost count, but Is it just the gold distressed? Or did you get one of the solids too?

No solids @Serendipity. They didn't excite me! Woman LOL

Occasional Contributor

I'm wondering if I can fit my tall boots is one or two of the benches. Right now I have them all in their original boxes, and they take up a lot of space. 

If you see two replies, it's because I already typed one and it disappeared. This new board is so frustrating, combined with the new deletion rules. Some nights all the threads that look interesting have been poofed.