Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

@stevieb wrote:

Maria, @Boehm Collector...  I also love the Arcadia brand...  Another Italian made brand that does their version of the 'logo', most often in patent leather but also is other leathers, and they also offer a wide range of non-logo bags that are gorgeous....  Again, if you see anything you like on their site, look elsewhere...  I often see Arcadia bags (though mostly the patent ones, which are really pretty) at TJ Maxx and Marshall's...

Image result for arcadia bags

Image result for arcadia bags

Lovely bags, stevieb.  I now have another designer to check out.  Things are not going to be easyl  I am trying not to fall off the wagon and buy another handbag... but......

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I  like thi orYANY bag.  Never purchased any orYANY.  DOn't know whether I will take the plunge as that Burberry keeps calling my name.  I'll never be able to save the money for the Burberry (as it is it will take me forever to have the money set aside) continue to purchase middle of the road bags.a265817_em5.102.jpeg if I c

Esteemed Contributor

Have been watching the Doony & Bourke show.  The suede drawstring bag in the wine and the honey are the first dooneys in a looonnnnnggggg time that have caught my eye.a266617_222.102.jpega266617_264.102.jpeg

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Have been watching the Doony & Bourke show.  The suede drawstring bag in the wine and the honey are the first dooneys in a looonnnnnggggg time that have caught my eye.a266617_222.102.jpega266617_264.102.jpeg

Me, too! Fell in love with the purple, so vivid, yet classy in suede.

Pleased to report that after speedily ordering it, I quickly cancelled. Sigh. Do not need another bag and, especially, a smaller (less than 11 inches) one, since I always choose the larger hobo ones (Hobo Logo, Roma 2, Coach).

Favorite Coach hobo of the moment:

804i74B56D1B4E96F8A1.jpeg  

Honored Contributor

Stevieb, I like the Arcadia handbags and totes you posted. I really like the middle tote in the photo of three. Just admiring, EEL Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Me, too! Fell in love with the purple, so vivid, yet classy in suede.

Pleased to report that after speedily ordering it, I quickly cancelled. Sigh. Do not need another bag and, especially, a smaller (less than 11 inches) one, since I always choose the larger hobo ones (Hobo Logo, Roma 2, Coach).

Favorite Coach hobo of the moment:

804i74B56D1B4E96F8A1.jpeg  

1Professor and BC -- I agree with you about the colors in that suede drawstring Dooney bag...very pretty! My favorite was the brick, but I did not order it.

1Professor, I love your Coach bucket bag with the pop of neon. I'm having a lot of fun carrying the Henri Bendel West 57th stachel in neon (super bright perforated neon green). People either LOVE IT and stop me to talk or they look at it and DON'T SAY ANYTHING. At least they don't make a face. Hilarious! 

Regarding the new Dooney colors, I liked the Peanut Brittle in the Small Lexington, but once again, did not order it (too small and I'm trying to behave). Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

I  like thi orYANY bag.  Never purchased any orYANY.  DOn't know whether I will take the plunge as that Burberry keeps calling my name.  I'll never be able to save the money for the Burberry (as it is it will take me forever to have the money set aside) continue to purchase middle of the road bags. if I c

Maria, if you want to try this orynay, it is often available in most colors in as-is.  One of the other posters got one from the as is page and had a great experience.  Might be worth considering...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Stevieb, I like the Arcadia handbags and totes you posted. I really like the middle tote in the photo of three. Just admiring, EEL Woman Happy

The one with red...  If it's any consolation, EEL, I believe those were from Arcadia's line of several years ago and so who knows if they can even still be found...  

I just switched into an Arcadia logo tan leather traditional satchel  with gold tone hardware that I got back in late spring.  Never been used, so I decided it was time...

It's silhouette is almost identical to this one except NOT in patent and in a darker tan. The tabs holding the handles are slightly different too.

I also picked up one like this last winter, you know, when I was still buying...

Arcadia-Italian-Patent-Leather-Handbag-Satchel-Purse-Shoulder-Bag-Taupe-NWT

Honored Contributor

The Dooney suede drawstings are pretty...  I love suede, but I'm in agreement that they're a little small for me... And I'm still pretty much not buying Dooney... I also like their new Montecito drawsting and Briana they've been showing on QVC, shown below, but not enough to buy and certainly not at that price for that bag...  I am fully admitting, however, to being actively searching for a Nina in ostrich...  You know, thanks to EEL...

Dooney & Bourke Montecito Leather Serena Drawstring Bag with Pouch - A266616Dooney & Bourke Montecito Leather Small Briana Bag with Pouch - A266618

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

The one with red...  If it's any consolation, EEL, I believe those were from Arcadia's line of several years ago and so who knows if they can even still be found...  

I just switched into an Arcadia logo tan leather traditional satchel  with gold tone hardware that I got back in late spring.  Never been used, so I decided it was time...

It's silhouette is almost identical to this one except NOT in patent and in a darker tan. The tabs holding the handles are slightly different too.

I also picked up one like this last winter, you know, when I was still buying...

Arcadia-Italian-Patent-Leather-Handbag-Satchel-Purse-Shoulder-Bag-Taupe-NWT

Ooooooohh, I like these, stevieb...especially the grey one! Woman Happy