Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

[ Edited ]

@hooked on books wrote:
@hicindy2, I couldn't find this exact bag anywhere (the blue cat print). Did you get it recently? I just love it, the print, the style....

@hooked on books   I am so sorry.  I checked everywhere also and couldn't find it. I got the bag on Amazon on sale for $99 about a year and a half ago. They had it it in both blue and orange. I'll keep looking too...

I also had a bunny print that I gifted

Ooops, here is why. 

The Irish designer Orla Kiely, famous for the use of her trademark prints on handbags and household merchandise, has announced the closure of her retail and online business.

The surprise move was announced on her website, declaring a cessation in trading as of September 17th. (2018) 

Ms Kiely first came to prominence for her colourful prints on handbags before later applying them to everything from biscuit tins to ceramics.

So I am surprised she has bags on QVC. She must have re-structured. 

Orla Kiely Coated Cotton Mini Sling Crossbody Bag - A378892

Trusted Contributor

@hicindy2, thanks so much for checking around! Something about this bag just grabbed me, LOL!!! You are a great "gifter"!!! I appreciate your help!!!😀
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hooked on books wrote:
@hicindy2, thanks so much for checking around! Something about this bag just grabbed me, LOL!!! You are a great "gifter"!!! I appreciate your help!!!😀

@hooked on books  I love things that are a bit quirky and different.  I have also gifted/ kept a number of Harvey Seatbelt Bags made in So. California.

Favorites were my Astrology bag "what's your sign"

and Yoga Cat

Honored Contributor

I really like this Beachcomber bag from Brahmin.  It is the perfect summer bag. 

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I really like this Beachcomber bag from Brahmin.  It is the perfect summer bag. 

@Pecky I like the body of this bag, it's so summery and pretty, but those double ring handles, on trend though they might be, don't do a thing for me...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb How annoying about the multiple FedEx shipments and deliveries!! Woman Mad I hope you receive everything in good order eventually. 

I still have not received my weekly special value black bag from The Sak...will review it when it finally gets here!

@EdithEllenLily  et. al.  Well, the good news is that it appears the Marshall's order did ship all in one box, so if that proves to be the case, that simplifies things a little... Also, the one Maxx box they tried (wink wink) to deliever yesterday did, in fact, arrive today... at the concierge and not, as I suspected, at my door... 

Trusted Contributor

@hicindy2, really like both of them, but especially the cat print bag! You do have great taste in handbags! Thanks again for your help and who knows, maybe one of those Orla Kiely bags will turn up on ebay!!😀
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb How annoying about the multiple FedEx shipments and deliveries!! Woman Mad I hope you receive everything in good order eventually. 

I still have not received my weekly special value black bag from The Sak...will review it when it finally gets here!

@EdithEllenLily  et. al.  Well, the good news is that it appears the Marshall's order did ship all in one box, so if that proves to be the case, that simplifies things a little... Also, the one Maxx box they tried (wink wink) to deliever yesterday did, in fact, arrive today... at the concierge and not, as I suspected, at my door... 

@stevieb Relief at least about the Marshall's order in one box! And good to know that the concierge can accept the FedEx deliveries. Thank goodness for tracking so you can find out where things are! If you receive a huge box, do they have a cart or a dolly that you can use to get things to your door?

The black weekly special value from The Sak arrived today. SIGH. I'm not sure what was up with this entire selection for a weekly special value. I wonder if the handbag buyers actually see these bags before placing the order, or if it was a large online order to be sent directly to the Q's customers. The quality control was sorely lacking in these bags...visible glue in the seams, uneven and frayed woven sides, loose strings...none of them were keepers. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@violet runner @Serendipity @VenturaHighway @hicindy2 @jaxs mom @Pecky @LIndaMJ and all crossbody fans!!

The QVC2 Big Deal tonight (Thursday, Feb. 13, 9 p.m. Eastern) is a leather crossbody with a zippered RFID wallet compartment in back for cards and cash. There WAS an informative presentation video that was replaced with a brief reprise of the colors, but you can still learn more by viewing the video. Good price with reduced shipping & handling. Woman Happy

American Leather Co. RFID Leather Crossbody - Kansas - A379370

A379370
American Leather Co. RFID Leather Crossbody - Kansas

+Reduced S&H: $3.50

I ordered some of these! One especially will be for my cousin's daughter, whose favorite color is yellow! It will be a great birthday present for her this spring! Woman Happy

Today I received the Big Deal crossbody bags (fast shipping) and really like the black, the butterum/stone and the yellow, for my cousin's daughter's birthday. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have long suspected @EdithEllenLily  that for some of the lesser TSV's , such as those bags for example, QVC might well buy 'lots' at low prices, meaning bulk purchases probably not always 'first quality'... Think about it. Every one of the three bags was flawed. What are the odds that most of them were similarly flawed in some way and what are the odds that if they were buying first quality one customer would get three flawed bags... I've also thought that when the entire inventory of any given product seems to disappear overnight, they are also selling lots of products that might not be selling well to other retailers or wholesalers in the effort to recoup something and writing off any loss...