Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

@EdithEllenLily  When things are delivered to the concierge office occasionally one of the staff will very graciously bring it to me, but when they can't, yes, there are carts available. When I place larger or heavy orders I try always to make sure they are left at my door, but it doesn't always work out that way. Fortunately, nothing from these past few orders is too bulky or heavy. Today's delivery was nothing more than a decorative pillow in a large box. I simply tossed the box and brought home the pillow.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@Pecky
I want to see this bag in person. I’m thinking about purchasing it in the lemonade colors. I’ll have to check it out in a store to see if the handles work for me. It’s a different style for me, so we’ll see.
But I love the lemonade mixed with the gray blue colors. If this style don’t work I might see what else is available in the lemonade.
Who knows I might prefer the beachcomber color when I see it. It is pretty.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh brother... So last week was the removal of an old crown in a tooth that had a root canal last fall and was 'temporized' until the new insurance year started... Had to remove the old crown, stick on a temporary crown... One of the least pleasant, though not painful, dental experiences yet... Not painful at the time, I should say, but my mouth has been a little sore all week and my jaw achy from having it wedged open for so long... 

This week was the trip to the asthma doctor who wants to try a new medication... Fine, but will my pharmacy plan cover it... The 'trial' is free, but after that, who knows...

Next week is the permanent crown...

I'd scheduled new carpet installation in my small bedroom and hallway for a week from today... They showed up a week early and while I was still in bed... I decided to go with it and now my entire place is in disarray and it's become glaring with all the moving around of furniture and ongoing work how really badly I need to get someone in to do a thorough cleaning... You just never realize how much dust and debris accumulates until you start moving heavy pieces of furniture that one doesn't often tend to move... 

My mother was coming over today for a visit but I called her and warned her off, as the process is noisy and disruptive and probably not a good place for her (or me) to be... I can't wait until they finish and leave...

At some point the car needs to be checked out for a slow leak in one of the tires or, hopefully not, a defective sensor, which I won't pay to have replaced...

My joy knows no bounds...

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Sometimes, you just need to scream.

DcdmbyzUQAAoupy.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor  Oh yes, screaming is good...

Image result for psycho screaming

Yep, taken from Psycho, which is a pretty good fit for me just about now...

Esteemed Contributor

Went by the Brighton store:  never buy but always look

Cute straw bag

Nautical Tote bag with brighton model holding it

and a pretty blue

Honored Contributor

@stevieb What a time (and not a good one) that you have been having!! Woman Frustrated

Yes, part one of the crown to eventually make the temporary is a long appointment and can definitely cause jaw pain afterward. I wonder if getting a wash cloth really hot under water, ringing the water out and putting the hot washcloth on your jaw would help? I hope the pain subsides...in the meantime, ibuprofen should help. And I'm sure you know this about getting the permanent crown...don't have them numb you up if you can take it. This way, they will get a good fit when they are adjusting the permanent before cementing it in.

If your new asthma medicine helps better, it's worth it to call your provider about coverage. I've also found that the pharmacy where you go can find this out for you. I hope it is helpful and also that it's covered!

Carpet fibers + dust = bad for you with your ailments! Wonder if you can get out for a bit to "let the dust settle" and get some fresh air? Maybe a quick trip to the Maxx or a casual dinner out?

It is so major to move furniture and do deep cleaning. I get my resident helper, Mr. L, and tell him it's one room per weekend morning, usually on a Saturday. One time it took us three hours to clean the living room. We would bring one side's furniture to the middle of the room and clean behind where it was. When that dried, we moved the furniture back and did the other side and so on, doing the middle of the room last. What an ordeal!

I had a slow leak in one of my tires and the Honda guy was able to fix it last fall. Now I'm looking to buy a new set of tires and all after going to the Chicago Auto Show on Feb. 8. I wasn't wild about any of the new cars! So much has changed since I bought Hazel. Looks like I'll keep her going for awhile longer. Hope you get your tire fixed or if it's okay, just keep an eye on the pressures if the sensor wacked out.

Hang in there and get some fresh air...your pal, Edith Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

Went by the Brighton store:  never buy but always look

Cute straw bag

Nautical Tote bag with brighton model holding it

and a pretty blue

@hicindy2 I love going to the Brighton store! I agree though, just look and get ideas because it's a pricey place! That aqua color above is so serene...Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily  Thanks... As for the jaw, it's toned down quite a bit since the appointment last week, as have the gums, which were sore... Since there's now no nerve in this tooth, or at least I hope there isn't... I most likely will not be numbed for the permanent fitting... That first appointment was a killer because not only did he have to do everything they have to do to start the crown work, but removing the old crown was a real joy... Once this is done, I might be looking at a new dentist... Mine is excellent, but a ways to go to get there and there's just something in his attitude the last few visits I didn't find to my liking... I also don't think his assistant is among the best I've had...

The carpet is done and I stuck around... Didn't want to leave the house unattended, if you get my drift... They did leave a bit of a mess, though, and I don't think I'll use the same company if and when I decide to re-carpet the other rooms... They just wanted to get in and get out, which I understand, but they more or less left me holding the bag and I'm not happy about it... I also told him to leave the remnants, which he didn't do... Of course, as virtually always these days, there was somewhat of a language barrier, though I'm pretty sure he knew what I was saying... Now, I get to go put all the 'smalls' back, which believe me, is no small job...

Deep cleaning is an ordeal but count yourself lucky that you at least have help! I'm thinking I'm going to bite the bullet and bring a maid service in to do a one and done deep cleaning and then I'll try to do a better job of keeping it up myself...

My new prescription is ready and so I'll pick it up and give it a try in a day or two... Hope it's good and that it will be covered going forward... I guess I'll find out...

So it goes... 

Trusted Contributor

@hicindy2, two more winners!!! Does the Brighton store have a website, although always looking but never buying makes these bags sound pricey, LOL!!