Respected Contributor

Re: Handbag Mavens... Can You Believe it's 2020?

Handbag sisters, who I SO appreciate:

Update: I did purchase a handbag I am keeping—after returning 6 to Q and HSN. A Florentine leather Dooney, with a zen simple feel and a hobo heart, in ginger:

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 1.08.22 PM.png

And, tired of my shelter-in-place online courses from the university (how to teach online!), I am doing thorough closet decluttering.

Also inspired by a half-off special last night on HSN for huggable hangers (mine are whimy grey and 10 years old), so ordered lavender/violet and cobalt blue. Marie-Kondo-style, I a dumping everything on the bed, then deciding which get to stay . . .

My only other purchase, on the Q, was yesterday's TSV for hair:

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 1.07.43 PM.png

I expect it to tame my mop of thick silver/white curly hair.

Smiles to all!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor   Let me know how the Calista works for you please.  I have curly silver/white hair to contend with.  Salons may or may not open 8/15.  Back to the Barbie and Ken patio salon.

Some of the Elly Griffiths' books have popped up on Kindle Unlimited.  Good reads.  

The Woman in Blue (Ruth Galloway Series Book 8)

The Chalk Pit (Ruth Galloway Mysteries Book 9)

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb : Thanks for posting that beautiful collection of birthday cakes, flowers, and handbags.

You are more than welcome @handygal2 and feel free to take your pick... Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor 

we have the same taste in handbags ... I purchased the twist sac bag back in March from ILD  Twist Strap Hobo... have not yet used it but looking forward to fall.   

Honored Contributor

I received an email from Brahmin tempting me with the new smooth leather bags.  I really like these two.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  @EdithEllenLily @handygal2 @faeriemoon      Yesterday afternoon at around 2:30 - 3:00 everyone in our neighborhood had their power restored ... except us.   Our generator turned itself off indicting it sensed the power was back... only we were still out.   Called the company that installed the generator.   I was told, that without seeing the unit, they would think it was a utility company issue.   I called PSE&G and just kept getting automated messages that we would be restored by August 10th at 3:00PM.  Finally, at around 7:00PM I sent a text message to our Mayor.  Within 10 minutes there was a person from the Fire/Building Department at our door.   He checked things out and, with the assistance of an electrician on the phone, found the problem.  The generator's transfer switch hadn't kicked in.  After a few steps he had our power back up.  We have the BEST Mayor!

Has everyone else affected gotten their power restored??

@stevieb .. I don't know why the AC wasn't cooling our house.  Maybe it was just too much.   In any event, we ordered a portable AC unit from Amazon yesterday in case this ever happens again.  But thanks to the generator my refrigerators and freezer were on.  We had lights, TV,  internet service, etc.   I was able to do laundry, we had fans running, etc.  

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful handbag, @1Professor . Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector I am SO GLAD your power is on and you had prompt assistance from your town to help figure out what was not right!! What an ordeal you had!! You are smart to have that A/C unit just in case for the future!! 

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon How are you? Is your power back on yet? Very good that you have a generator!

Honored Contributor

We don't have a generator either @handygal2 ! Sorry to hear about your power outage and all that goes with that when it's 24 hours long! I'm glad your power is back on now!