Super Contributor

Dooney & Bourke ladies, BEWARE!

[ Edited ]

The scammers are all over facebook today.  They are representing themselves as qvc outlet stores.  Like a dummy, I fell for it.  I immediately had buyers remorse and contacted my cc company.  I did find out from the cc company, the name of the vender.  When I entered that address on my computer, it comes up as a company in China. Now, I have to wait 3 days, until charge is entered on my acct, contact cc company and they will dispute. I did call QVC customer care and reported this and they said they had heard from others, as well.6CD45BE3-CA9D-4824-AB74-886CACC7D181.png

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke ladies, BEWARE!

@Tuffcookie Sorry you got caught up in this.  Hopefully your CC company can sort things out for you.  If you have no expectations of receiving a D&B bag, or are worried that your CC credentials are in the hands of unscrupulous people, frankly I would request your CC company to close the account and issue you a new card.  You will at least have peace of mind.

Best wishes. 

Respected Contributor

Excellent advice @Pezzie 

Honored Contributor

the scam companies steal a lot of QVC videos.....so they look very real on facebook pages, until you see the actual website is NOT qvc. good thing you have the backing of your credit card company.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Thank you for suggesting this.  I just got off the phone with cc company!

Regular Contributor

I fell for a scam last year.  Immediately after ordering became suspicious.  I called my credit card company and explained the scam, they refused charge and suggested I get a new account number which I did.  I noticed they attempted to charge the amount 2 more times over the next 24 hours.  So I would definitely cancel that account.  

Honored Contributor

Seems like the Dooney ads, with old QVC videos, run routinely on Facebook all year long, not just at Christmas.  The unrealistically low prices alone ought to make people suspicious.  "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

It just a shame Facebook is allowed to support these scams.  With their thousands of employees, you'd think they could assign a few to taking and investigating complaints against the scamming advertisers.  Of course, advertising is money in the bank for Zuckerberg.

Maybe it's time to get Congress involved?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Tuffcookie I never trust or respond to any ads on FB, of which I get very very few.

Honored Contributor

I pay full price from patricianash.com or here at QVC.com

of course stuff goes on sale here and on patricianash.com plus HSN.  

Frequent Contributor

My friend and I both fell for one on FB and yes, they were cheap knockoffs.  Walmart would have even rejected them.  Thank goodness it was just a small bag and the price wasn't expensive.  Have purchased several D&B from the Q, but try ILOVEDOONEY.COM.  It is authentic and great prices.  Once you get on their email list, you will get great offers.  Sorry Q, but a good deal is a good deal.