Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke ladies, BEWARE!

My friend didn't do her due diligence and bought one. It to 6 or 7 weeks to arrive and all she could do was bust out laughing. Definitely NOT a Dooney. They took some leather and stitched up a bag. No one would ever carry it. I've seen this type of thing on Facebook book for a couple of years. They use old, very old QVC photos so it's obvious that it's some type of scam. My guess is they are careful with the words they use but I never got that far. Of course QVC knows about but it's a scam based in China. They can't do anything about it.  

Respected Contributor

I noticed some jewelry ads using QVC footage on FB. If I see something that interests me, I look it up on Amazon and buy it from there. I do not trust any of those companies selling on FB.
Occasional Visitor

I can't believe I fell for the same fake Dooney & Burke ad on Instagram! I ordered a handbag at a crazy low price. My computer rejected all my CCs so in frustration I ordered from my phone. I got an email from the scammers claiming to be QVC Outlet with a suspicious amount of Chinese at the bottom along with a weird email address. By morning they had charged me twice before I called my CC to close my card. They wouldnt cancel the charges, I have to wait until it goes from pending to post. CC agent said this is why my computer wouldn't allow the transaction to go through, it was protecting me. I wish it would've said that then! I should have known better and read these reviews first! Can't wait to see what if anything shows up in the mail! I emailed the scammers to cancel my order as it says I have 24 hours in returns and refunds. They replied it is in the mail but they'd try to intercept it...not believing any of that. Second email is it has shipped. What a nightmare.
Honored Contributor

They've been doing that for several years.  Qvc knows about it but they can't do anything about it because the scam originates in China.  

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Tuffcookie I never trust or respond to any ads on FB, of which I get very very few.

Bingo!  I'm suspicious of all the ads I see on Facebook.  I would never purchase something within Facebook regardless of how good the deal looks.  A friend fell for the fake Dooney ad a couple of years ago. We laugh about it now. She realized she'd been scammed when the handbag arrived.  It was a little leather pouch with Dooney stamped on it.  

Honored Contributor

why I don't mess with Face book.

It was on TV today that now they can clone your voice and call your house and using a taped recording of your voice that they got off of Utube they can call your house and in this instance. They had this voice of a teenager telling her

mom she'd been kidnapped and held for a ransom of million dollars.

When the mother of the teenage girl said she didn't have

a million dollars they said "50,000" that's when the mother got suspicious and called her daughter.  Big hoax.

It's scary , nowdays, folks.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids And that is why I am not on Facebook 

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen those ads.  I knew by the price it was a scam.

Contributor

Don't feel bad, your not alone. I fell for a nylon bag about 2 years ago. It was taking over a month to get here. It was a scam from China. When I got it, there was a Dooney and Bourke tag, all the stiching was off and you just know it was a scam. I was angry with myself. Yea like I am ever going to get that money back. I won't ever let that happen again. 

Esteemed Contributor

People are gullible. If you know your prices you would know it's too good to be true. The FB ad has satchels for $39.95 lol.