Respected Contributor

Your thoughts on Vera Bradley

What do you think of this brand's bags and accessories? Do you own any? Would you? 

Harmonize the World
Valued Contributor

Re: Your thoughts on Vera Bradley

I bought and used one several years ago - liked it because it was so light weight compared to some leather bags and had lots of pockets (front and back of outside of bag) which I liked.

Honored Contributor

I used to have a whole bunch of them, but, when I got my first Pat Nash bag all the Vera's went to the collection boxes.

Respected Contributor

I liked the old Vera Bradley, own many and still use them depending on the occasion. Agree they are very light weight and great for organizing and have many festive designs.

Unfortunately I am not a fan the change from all cloth to what now seems a plastic feel interior component.

Honored Contributor

I own several bags.  I like using them in the summer months.  They hold up well, are lightweight and they are machine washable.

Honored Contributor

I have a medium size travel tote bag.  Love it!  Lightweight, holds a lot, can be washed.  I also have a wallet and a small crossbody bag.  Good products.

Esteemed Contributor

I went through a Vera Bradley phase.  I bought way TOO MANY.  I have more purses, totes, overnight bags, duffle bags, small pouches and wallets than I will ever use.  The pretty fabrics kept me buying. I have some that I have used enough to have gotten my money's worth, and I would feel okay about donating, and some I have barely used and were in reality, a waste of money.  Oh, I have regrets.

Now that I  have discovered and am using LUG for my purses and other such items, I won't be buying any more Vera Bradley.  I think that brand's hey day is long over.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I have some bags, from years past.  I have not really liked any of the newer patterns.  

I did buy a wallet on a string type crossbody Vera at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago.  It was only $7.00 and was in pristine condition.  I may get a bit of use from it this summer and if not I will re-donate it.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I have had several Vera bags, but I have never carried one as a handbag. I really enjoy the weekend duffle because it is so lightweight. I have multiple cosmetic bags in several sizes that I use for everything except cosmetics. They are wonderful organizers for travel. My favorite bag is a book tote I got as a souvenir from Disney World. It is also multipurpose. Vera makes quality bags that stand the test of time.

Honored Contributor

Not enough structure, too slouchy....gave it to my DIL