Honored Contributor

I ordered the black bag...arrived yesterday, returned yesterday. IMO, the zipper is short to get my hand in w/ all my stuff and it’s definitely a medium sized bag...more so because the leather doesn’t have any “give”.

Respected Contributor
I woke up 5 am and rethought my decision. I cancelled because of the price and the fact that it is Beacon leather with the possibility of dents. We are also facing another storm and just didn't want to deal with shipment hassles. This is still a pretty bag.just not for me at this time. There is now a similar tote o. Dooney..com and it's not the HSN tote.
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I ordered the black bag...arrived yesterday, returned yesterday. IMO, the zipper is short to get my hand in w/ all my stuff and it’s definitely a medium sized bag...more so because the leather doesn’t have any “give”.

Dooney does this a lot with their bags, their openings are rarely wide enough🙄

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus  Too bad, but I wondered about that. While a too small opening isn't limited to Dooney, they seem to make a habit of it. I want to be able to easily see what's in my bag and then be able to get what I want in and out with relative ease. I don't want to have to fight to do so nor do I want to scrape my hands on the zipper. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus  Too bad, but I wondered about that. While a too small opening isn't limited to Dooney, they seem to make a habit of it. I want to be able to easily see what's in my bag and then be able to get what I want in and out with relative ease. I don't want to have to fight to do so nor do I want to scrape my hands on the zipper. 

@Shanus, I was going back and forth between the black and the brown and ordered the brown, but am on WL.  Kinda concerned about WL 'cause don't want somone's return for that price!  Could you tell me how the black looked with the 'straw'? (Might cancel WL and get black!)  And, you and @stevieb mentioned the openings on Dooneys run small, about how long usually - I have very small hands so not sure it it'd be a problem.  Thanx!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus, I was going back and forth between the black and the brown and ordered the brown, but am on WL.  Kinda concerned about WL 'cause don't want somone's return for that price!  Could you tell me how the black looked with the 'straw'? (Might cancel WL and get black!)  And, you and @stevieb mentioned the openings on Dooneys run small, about how long usually - I have very small hands so not sure it it'd be a problem.  Thanx!

@eddyandme It varies by the bag and some Dooneys do have adequate openings. There are potentially several issues for me with bag openings... the short zipper, a bag that's so stiff there's no flexibility, and the narrow opening. I don't do well with any of them. They're deal breakers for me. In all honesty, I haven't paid much attention to this bag because I knew it was not for me, but perhaps @Shanus has more information about the way the bag opens. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Bling Quinn... you are on the wrong chapter, this has to do with Dooney TVs March 2

Valued Contributor

I also bought the black for the same reason.  I wear a lot of black during the summer, and I don’t like a solid black color during the summer, as a matter of fact I don’t like solid black bags, and this one is perfect, I love it.

Valued Contributor

Pesky,  my Tsv  I received is the black.  The handles don’t squeak at all!!!  I love it so much, it’s perfect 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV March 2!

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@eddyandme   If it were a softer leather, perhaps the opening would be easier...but it’s restricted by the stiffness of the leather. That’s also the reason more of my things like just a wallet, makeup case left little room for much else. Small hands or not, for me, the entire bag is way more structured than I expected. I have a lot of Dooney bags & many in this leather, but they are a hobo style which allowed for better entry. The black bag was pretty, but I think the “straw” portion limits the number of months it can be worn...black or not, it still looks like a late spring/summer bag to be put away in Sept. That, along with the other issues, made it a no sale.