Honored Contributor

Re: Adventures of the Handbag Sisterhood... The Saga Continues

All right... so today's update... Both bathrooms have now been repaired, sanded and primed and at least one will be painted tomorrow. In fairness, I'm holding up the other with a color selection... The small bedroom had all the plaster work done today and so tomorrow should be sanded and primed... and will hopefully be painted on Thursday... If all goes according to plan (hahaha...) the bulk of the painting and reconstruction work should be completed this week. Undoubtedly, there will be small touch-ups and because some of the windows are being replaced, which is about a month out, they are going to leave the window sills for now and repair and repaint them after the windows are installed... Honestly, I don't know why, but I feel like I did the work... As you all have noted, it's stressful having all this mess done... But at least it's getting done !! I've opted to have the small bedroom repainted the same color (it's just easy) which is a very, very pale icy grey... Oddly, I've obsessed more over the bathroom colors than anything else... One is going to be a very pale taupey grey and the other is either going to be the same color as the small bedroom, which it is now, or, if I can find the same color but with just a hint of lavender then that's what it will be...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@stevieb

So, fess up - Leo or Virgo?

I'm an Aries @Bird mama ... my birthstone stone is the diamond.. which I love.  But I also love blue sapphires and aquamarines.  Well actually I like most gems.

Me too @Boehm Collector. I love almost all of them, but I do have a special fondness for aquas that are appropriately saturated....

And speaking of which, this ring from Or Paz is very, very pretty. I got it in amethyst hoping it would be light enough, based on reviews, to quell my Rose de France craving. I'm not sure it is, but it's a gorgeous ring and the stone is really pretty. It's a light amethyst, but clearly an amethyst... I might keep it and I might send it back for the citrine...

Sterling Silver 4.60 cttw Gemstone Textured Ring by Or Paz - J319790

@stevieb How the heck did I miss this beauty.  This ring is gorgeous!  Wear your new ring in the best of health.  You picked a winner for sure.  Gorgeous.  Love the size of the stone.  It's perfect.  

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@stevieb

Now @Bird mama, it could be Libra too... But I'm a Virgo... in some cultures also known as THE GODDESS... Just as it should be...

Woman Very Happy

@stevieb ... you don't have to travel too far.... you are known as THE GODDESS on this very thread!!

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

So, my confession for the day. I totally blew my eating plan with two Krispy Kreme chocolate filled easter egg donuts today. Even though I worked out this morning, I'm going back on the pilates machine this afternoon. 

Oh my... that sounds very, very sweet... I have to admit a weakness for donuts, which is why I almost never have them around... I'll tell you, if I don't get to the store soon, I don't know what I'll eat, but after another day in the trenches it's a really, really good thing there isn't a donut box sitting on my table... 

Woman Wink

And agreed about one of your other posts @jaxs mom... I'm not much on the whole 'cheerleader' mentality either... as surprising as I just KNOW that is...

I  love jelly donuts  @stevieb

Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@stevieb

I'm an Aries @Bird mama ... my birthstone stone is the diamond.. which I love.  But I also love blue sapphires and aquamarines.  Well actually I like most gems.

Me too @Boehm Collector. I love almost all of them, but I do have a special fondness for aquas that are appropriately saturated....

And speaking of which, this ring from Or Paz is very, very pretty. I got it in amethyst hoping it would be light enough, based on reviews, to quell my Rose de France craving. I'm not sure it is, but it's a gorgeous ring and the stone is really pretty. It's a light amethyst, but clearly an amethyst... I might keep it and I might send it back for the citrine...

Sterling Silver 4.60 cttw Gemstone Textured Ring by Or Paz - J319790

@stevieb How the heck did I miss this beauty.  This ring is gorgeous!  Wear your new ring in the best of health.  You picked a winner for sure.  Gorgeous.  Love the size of the stone.  It's perfect.  

Thanks Bling @BlingQueen022, it really is a very pretty ring... In case you're interested, it comes in blue topaz, citrine and amethyst, the last of which I've pictured below... The topaz is equally as pretty as the others...

amy paz.png

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@stevieb

Now @Bird mama, it could be Libra too... But I'm a Virgo... in some cultures also known as THE GODDESS... Just as it should be...

Woman Very Happy

@stevieb ... you don't have to travel too far.... you are known as THE GODDESS on this very thread!!

Awwwwwww gosh... How nice of you @Boehm Collector.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

So, my confession for the day. I totally blew my eating plan with two Krispy Kreme chocolate filled easter egg donuts today. Even though I worked out this morning, I'm going back on the pilates machine this afternoon. 

Oh my... that sounds very, very sweet... I have to admit a weakness for donuts, which is why I almost never have them around... I'll tell you, if I don't get to the store soon, I don't know what I'll eat, but after another day in the trenches it's a really, really good thing there isn't a donut box sitting on my table... 

Woman Wink

And agreed about one of your other posts @jaxs mom... I'm not much on the whole 'cheerleader' mentality either... as surprising as I just KNOW that is...

I  love jelly donuts  @stevieb

Oh yea, especially blueberry... I like most donuts, though I don't love cake donuts as much. I have a special thing for crullers... @Boehm Collector

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@jaxs mom

Have you established a specific goal regarding fitness and weight?  Girl, no need to confess anything.  I just ate 3 slices of pizza and am not one bit sorry about it.  Somebody over ordered for a work meeting.  Sure, not the healthiest thing I could have eaten but at least I don't have to cook when I get off of work tonight.  

I actually don't have an end goal. I mean sure I'd be thriled if I was 120 like I was in high school lol. But that really isn't my goal. I gained most of the weight I have when I was on prednisone after I was diagnosed with lymphoma. But that was a long time ago and I just never really tried to get it off. I was just focused on being happy I went into remission. When I started this last year, my initial goal was to be able to lace up my knee high boots without any gap at the top between the tongue. I've been making mini goals, and when I reach it, I choose another one. My biggest goal is just to not gain back what I lost, which I did manage to do even when I took the holidays off, so I was happy about that. I just want to wear the clothes I like, and have them look on me the way I want them to. 

@jaxs mom .. my cousin in Italy was diagnosed with lymphoma back in 2009.  It was right around the time my Mom passed away.  So my DH told my brother he didn't want me to know about it because I was already so upset about loosing Mom.  So they didn't break the news to me until months later when she was in remission.  She's doing pretty well now.  The first time I saw her after she was diagnosed was in 2011.  I remember she couldn't walk very far without getting really tired and out of breath.  When I saw her again in 2014 she was much better.  But she is so thin it is almost frightening.  So I am worried about her.

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

It's very nice to SEE both @NycVixen and @Boehm Collector and everyone else today. In honor of their return, here are some things that reminded me of all of you. I SEE you everywhere...Heart

@Boehm Collector :

'I'm on a Very Tight Schedule' Tote

@NycVixen :

'Being Fantastic' Tote

@Sister Golden Hair :

'Burn off the Crazy' Tote

@Bird mama :

'I'm Networking' Tote

@handygal2 (because she is so awesomely handy):

'Without My Cape' Tote'Trip over My Awesomeness' Tote

@jaxs mom :

Pink Pout Daisy Apron

Wild Rose Apron - Women

@skyblue (and even the dress is blue!):

'I Need a Crown' Tote

@BlingQueen022 :

'A Little Sparkle' Watercolor Box Sign

@EdithEllenLily :

'Came with the House' Tote

'If It Fits in a Toaster' Tote

@EdithEllenLily to @stevieb  (and note the Mrs. R. legs on Stevie):

'Take My Advice' Tote

@stevieb :

'Big Deal' Tote

@EdithEllenLily: This is a gem!! SO clever, and funny-- and true!!

Yea @handygal2  .. our @EdithEllenLily  .. is very clever.  I saved my "bag" in iPhoto!!

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

It's very nice to SEE both @NycVixen and @Boehm Collector and everyone else today. In honor of their return, here are some things that reminded me of all of you. I SEE you everywhere...Heart

@Boehm Collector :

'I'm on a Very Tight Schedule' Tote

@NycVixen :

'Being Fantastic' Tote

@Sister Golden Hair :

'Burn off the Crazy' Tote

@Bird mama :

'I'm Networking' Tote

@handygal2 (because she is so awesomely handy):

'Without My Cape' Tote'Trip over My Awesomeness' Tote

@jaxs mom :

Pink Pout Daisy Apron

Wild Rose Apron - Women

@skyblue (and even the dress is blue!):

'I Need a Crown' Tote

@BlingQueen022 :

'A Little Sparkle' Watercolor Box Sign

@EdithEllenLily :

'Came with the House' Tote

'If It Fits in a Toaster' Tote

@EdithEllenLily to @stevieb  (and note the Mrs. R. legs on Stevie):

'Take My Advice' Tote

@stevieb :

'Big Deal' Tote

@EdithEllenLily: This is a gem!! SO clever, and funny-- and true!!

Yea @handygal2  .. our @EdithEllenLily  .. is very clever.  I saved my "bag" in iPhoto!!

@Boehm Collector: Thanks for the suggestion. That's a great idea!! I just did the same thing.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~