Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Adventures of the Handbag Sisterhood... The Saga Continues

@stevieb wrote:

I see one of the resident bullies over on another thread... is determined to insist that the hobo TSV is  far superior to the LL... For heaven's sake, I don't even like the LL and I've stepped in to defend it and feel like doing so again, though I won't. Honestly, it's like some posters put their verbiage out there as dicta and just expect that because they say it that makes it so... It's like it becomes a mantra... It's times like these when we need TK, who used to give as good as she got... 

Ignore @stevieb ... 'wanting a reaction' ... best to not give any fuel to their inferno...

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Expecting iffy weather here tomorrow so I guess I'm going to the store... I can hardly wait...

Woman Tongue

Come on @stevieb, maybe it will be that nice, fluffy few inches of snow that you've been wanting. On the other hand, a big whopper of a snowfall means the snow man might have some work to do...Woman Wink Woman Tongue

@EdithEllenLily It's not predicted (for whatever that's worth) to amount to much and that's fine with me. We often get our biggest snowfalls in March, but I'd just as soon avoid any more, even the nice soft, quiet one I'd hoped for earlier in the season, say around Christmas... On the other hand, yes, more than a few inches could well mean, well, more than a few inches...

Woman Surprised Woman Tongue Woman LOL

@stevieb

Doot, doo doo doo, doot...

@EdithEllenLily

And "koo-koo-ka-choo"... too...  But only in the pantry with my cupcakes...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

You know, it's true what they say about Chinese food... I hadn't eaten all day. so I stopped on the way home after going to the grocery store and running a few errands and picked up Chinese carryout. I'm starving again already... I didn't by any means eat the entire order, but I ate what should've been enough to fill me... Now, I guess I'll have to come up with a snack... 

That is so true about Chinese food @stevieb ... we had Chinese for dinner last night and I was snacking on Dove dark chocolates later on ...

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily .. I found the orange and lemon fruit luminaries on Ebay!  I really Heart the orange!!!  It is SO cute!  But I think that  third one would be kind of pushing it with DH.  Besides I wouldn't know where to put a third one!!  Also we don't have any oranges or lemons in the back splash or wallpaper.  But we do have pears and apples!!

s-l400.jpg

s-l400-1.jpg

I do love these fruits @Boehm Collector! The lemon looks better in person. The photography accentuates the lemon's 'bumpy' exterior but that is not so visible in person. The orange is very cute, but very orange, so you have to like orange. I like these fruits amongst other things like viney plants on top of cabinets or tucked inside a china cabinet shelf where there is no light to give it some warmth. Woman Happy

Hi @EdithEllenLily  ..  I could not resist.  I purchased the orange from Ebay.  I think it is just so adorable.  I am going to put it in my office. LOL.

That's great, BC @Boehm Collector!! It will definitely brighten up your office!! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

You know, it's true what they say about Chinese food... I hadn't eaten all day. so I stopped on the way home after going to the grocery store and running a few errands and picked up Chinese carryout. I'm starving again already... I didn't by any means eat the entire order, but I ate what should've been enough to fill me... Now, I guess I'll have to come up with a snack... 

How true @stevieb.  We order Chinese take out last night.  I couldn't finish it all but a short time later I was hungry again.  I brought the left overs to the office for lunch today.  And in a short time I was starving.  I'm preparing dinner as I type..... so we will be eating soon.  

So funny that three of us are dining on Chinese in the last two days!

@Boehm Collector @stevieb

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I see one of the resident bullies over on another thread... is determined to insist that the hobo TSV is  far superior to the LL... For heaven's sake, I don't even like the LL and I've stepped in to defend it and feel like doing so again, though I won't. Honestly, it's like some posters put their verbiage out there as dicta and just expect that because they say it that makes it so... It's like it becomes a mantra... It's times like these when we need TK, who used to give as good as she got... 

Ignore @stevieb ... 'wanting a reaction' ... best to not give any fuel to their inferno...

Not to worry @EdithEllenLily, my responses to said comments were days ago and I won't be revisiting the subject. At least not at this time... 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector about those off-white bags...

This little Valentino number in ivory is a mere two thousand and change...

Valentino Women's Borsa Shoulder Bag, Ivory

And this lovely Ferragamo hobo is but a little over twelve hundred, but alas, it's sold out...

Salvatore Ferragamo Women's Leather Hobo, Ivory

BOTH are elegantly gorgeous...and so chic... @stevieb Heart

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

That is so true about Chinese food @stevieb ... we had Chinese for dinner last night and I was snacking on Dove dark chocolates later on ...

@EdithEllenLily I just had a half a turkey sandwhich but think I see a piece of chocolate cake in my future...

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector Amazon won't ship to Sweden.

So our son and DIL order and have it sent here then I send it on.

Our other son is going in April to visit so I will send some things with him.

I was able to have "Highlights Five and Ranger Rick" magazines for our two grandchildren sent there, thank goodness.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

How true @stevieb.  We order Chinese take out last night.  I couldn't finish it all but a short time later I was hungry again.  I brought the left overs to the office for lunch today.  And in a short time I was starving.  I'm preparing dinner as I type..... so we will be eating soon.  

So funny that three of us are dining on Chinese in the last two days!

@Boehm Collector @stevieb

I hadn't had it in a while... and it was tasty if not filling. I find some pasta hits me the same way, I'm hungry again quickly.

And of course as soon as I told my mom I'd got it, she claimed to have been planning to stop by tomorrow with Chinese, because after all, it wouldn't make sense just to get it for herself... I wasn't up for playing the dutiful offspring, so simply responded that now she didn't have to... Sometimes... Uh-uh-uh...