Honored Contributor

Re: Adventures of the Handbag Sisterhood... The Saga Continues

@NycVixen wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@NycVixen You still there? I amended a post below to clarify I was talking about fashion in general. Have a good night! Heart

OK, thanks for the clarification. Have a good night @Serendipity. I hope you are feeling better. I was telling DH that you have me worried little Dipity!!! Robot LOL.

@NycVixen Yeah, not sure how it got turned around, and copied over elsewhere, but I know you got it! Besides, I like wearing black with or without flip flops. Ha ha.  Awww, thanks, but don't worry. Going to doc's. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NycVixen wrote:

Speaking of great values, I can't wait to receive my Valentine's day gift from my DH. I found a preloved white and black houndstooth coat from I brand that I love on eBay that I've been chasing for many years. The style came out like 5-7 years or more ago and I always regretted not buying it. Originally, it was about $350-400 but I got it for $58 (after I redeemed by eBay bucks). 

I was so happy I told DH that he could simply gift it to me for Valentine's. It happens to be his birthday, so I want to focus on him Robot LOL. I got him a really nice Skagen watch at a great price too from TJ Maxx. 

@NycVixen Lovely! Nice gifts all around. I got a houndstooth scarf, lightweight silk-type, last season. First venture into that pattern, but like it as an accent too. Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

Speaking of great values, I can't wait to receive my Valentine's day gift from my DH. I found a preloved white and black houndstooth coat from I brand that I love on eBay that I've been chasing for many years. The style came out like 5-7 years or more ago and I always regretted not buying it. Originally, it was about $350-400 but I got it for $58 (after I redeemed by eBay bucks). 

I was so happy I told DH that he could simply gift it to me for Valentine's. It happens to be his birthday, so I want to focus on him Robot LOL. I got him a really nice Skagen watch at a great price too from TJ Maxx. 

@NycVixen Lovely! Nice gifts all around. I got a houndstooth scarf, lightweight silk-type, last season. First venture into that pattern, but like it as an accent too. Smiley Happy  

@Serendipity  I used to think this pattern was too much at first but it grew on me the longer I worked in fashion. What I really like about it is how it pairs well with different color hangbags. I plan to use it with my orYany evergreen bags as well as the MZW navy Paris tote. It just looks very chic. Here is a pic....

Blk Wht Houndstooth Coat.jpg

Really going to sleep now Smiley Happy.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Serendipity @NycVixen @1Professor @skyblue @handygal2 @Sister Golden Hair @gramygram
@foo foo shi shi @tough_kitty @shoekitty

Have any of you ever purchased any Isaac Mizrahi Live! clothing?  If so what is your opinion?  I just ordered a pair of full length pants.  They are still in process.

@Boehm Collector Only his shoes which I really liked.

NycVixen loves his sweaters.

@Sister Golden Hair .. I am hearing many positive statements about IM.... so this might be a line I will have to look at more closely.  

@Boehm Collector @Sister Golden Hair @Serendipity 

I just received my IM cardigan TSV in the Heather Platinum and it's perfect!! Even my DH remarked how great the quality is. He compared it to his Banana Republic sweaters which cost close to $100!!! It has a nice weight, falls perfectly and fit true to size. I like that it's not big in the waist so I can wear it without a belt as well.

Still waiting on the teal one but I may be ordering black as well. I love IM!! All my IM items are so well made for the price!! 

Hi @NycVixen .. would you happen to have the item # for it?  Is this the boyfriend cardigan that was a TSV not too long ago?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skyblue wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Serendipity @NycVixen @1Professor @skyblue @handygal2 @Sister Golden Hair @gramygram@tough_kitty@shoekitty

I like this Gucci Soho leather hobo ... but at $1980.00 it ain't happening.  Woman LOL

408825_A7M0G_2754_001_092_0000_Light-Soho-leather-hobo (1).jpg

408825_A7M0G_2754_002_092_0000_Light-Soho-leather-hobo.jpg

In an alternate universe all the Handbag sisters would be sporting this bag! @Boehm Collector

@skyblue .. I wish we were in that alternate universe.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Serendipity @NycVixen @1Professor @skyblue @handygal2 @Sister Golden Hair @gramygram@tough_kitty@shoekitty

I like this Gucci Soho leather hobo ... but at $1980.00 it ain't happening.  Woman LOL

408825_A7M0G_2754_001_092_0000_Light-Soho-leather-hobo (1).jpg

408825_A7M0G_2754_002_092_0000_Light-Soho-leather-hobo.jpg

Heart

One in every color...

Woman Wink

Oh  @stevieb .. I think you should get at least two in every color.  You never know when you might need a spare.

Esteemed Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb and everyone: I had been carrying a Belle & Bloom bronze briefcase-style leather bag for most of the month because it went with my new metallic gold Talbots coat and I felt oddly glam. Woman LOL

Yesterday I changed back into my Henri Bendel West 57th Satchel in Burgundy which I LOVE. The size, shape and gorgeous saffiano leather is wonderful. Since I can't find a photo of the Burgundy one, I'll post one of the new ones below in perforated saffiano...looks like olive. By the way, in looking for a photo to post I've been horribly distracted over on the Henri Bendel site in the sale section...must go back to check out those cute cosmetic bags again! I'll check back later on...Woman Wink

@EdithEllenLily I cannot go into Henri Bendel or browse their site online without becoming obsessed so I am refraining. Gorgeous bag!Woman Tongue

Smart move @skyblue...

Woman Very Happy

Does the Headmistress give out awards for good behavior? @steviebWoman LOL

Hi @skyblue

images-2.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

So, it's been a while since we talked about our current bag. Let's try to breath a little life into our old thread...  

WHAT'S EVERYONE CARRYING...?

@NycVixen @Boehm Collector @skyblue @1Professor @handygal2 

@EdithEllenLily @Serendipity @gramygram  @Sister Golden Hair 

@stevieb  and all.... I'm still carrying my Erin Dana backpack in black. It's become my go to bag when I don't need to carry a lot.

@NycVixen Can't wait to get mine Vix -- shipped! I'm glad I got the blush, too, so I'm not tempted by the expensive new Gili. Smiley Surprised Smiley Happy

@Serendipity  So glad it shipped!!!! When you get it the first thing you will notice is how nice the leather is. Then how substantial the hardware is. Then how lightweight it is. LOL.

Once you've taken off the wrappings, fill her up with a scarf etc. so you can see how well it sits when worn as a backpack. It will come packaged either almost flat or with a bit more packaging. This is how I store them as well; flat with the bottom turned a bit up so they don't take a lot of room. It was great to travel with them as well for this reason.

I don't usually tend to buy light colored bags like this one in blush in order to avoid color transfer on the leather. But with this one since it's a backpack it will be easy to wear and keep clean. 

@NycVixen Hmn. Good heads up about color transfer. I wear black a lot and rarely carry light colored bags. You know, like New Yorkers, LOL. Smiley Tongue J/K. Just saw that other thread. I'm very excited about these. So the blue is 58, was it always, or did they reduce it? I can't recall.

@Serendipity  All the colors were originally $69 so the blue is reduced.  

LOL about the other thread. I don't usually vent but it was getting a bit old. 

@NycVixen Some of the moronic comments on that thread really chewed my... well, you know what they chewed... I might have to head on over there...

Hi @stevieb and @NycVixen .. which "other thread" are you referring to?

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Serendipity @NycVixen @1Professor @skyblue @handygal2 @Sister Golden Hair @gramygram@foo foo shi shi @tough_kitty @shoekitty

I like these Henri Bendel handbags:

254012_2763_1.jpg

280608_0201_1.jpg

280655_0230_3.jpg

280612_0201_1.jpg

Respected Contributor