Honored Contributor

going stir crazy, so.......

[ Edited ]

I cut down a bunch of ferns I planted in a very narrow strip of ground at the base of my house in the front---- I went into our woods and found these things,  33 years ago when we built the house and planted them there as there is no sun at all and is always moist and cool--now every year I have to  whack them down so they can re grow----and while I was whacking away---3 does strolled thru about 20 feet in front of me,  just looked mildly interested at me,  and continued on across the street to the woods.  Now THAT was awesome during all this upheavel !!! I needed that!! and my ferns got their haircut too. Man Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: going stir crazy, so.......

@wagirl 

Yes, gardening keeps me sane five months a year. It is such great therapy.

Since it is way too early to plant my annuals, I make it my mission to have a very healthy lawn. Minimal weeds are a tough thing to conquer, so it is always a challenge. 

Respected Contributor

I also did yard work the past two days. I told someone yesterday I feel like I have cabin fever. 

Honored Contributor

My rose garden got pruned of all the dead and winter damaged canes yesterday and Thursday.

Today maybe will pick up pine cones. I'll see.....

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

You go girl.  We had two inches of snow yesterday.  It's gone today, but supposed to be in the 30's today.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl   How NIce!  I wish it was warm enought in my area to be working in the yard...it will be a few more months before I can do that!

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl  Yes, we have been doing what we can between every other day of rain here in eastern PA. Pruned the grapes 10 days ago, and just separated our hostas. Usually we miss that window due to work schedules. We just cleaned out a bed, so there was place to put them, thank goodness! Also had a visit by these two fellows, who decided to stay for 4 hours for some reason. I guess they realize it isn't hunting season.

Deer.jpg

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom---what a treat ---we had a very big boy sit down like that, just off a window in our diningroom--he stayed for almost an hour in the shade--had a pretty nice rack too--this was a few years ago---just sat there munching. Right now, it is grey and very chilly and just got thru with a hail storm---no outside working for me today, but so enjoyed your photo--thx!!!

Esteemed Contributor

It was finally warm enough yesterday to get out in the yard.  Thank goodness!   Even weeding is great therapy for me.  Waiting to see what our goofy weather brings today.  I feel like the walls of our house are closing in on me.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt