Honored Contributor

I received everything of Philip's and Cottage Farms.  I buy Cottage Farms at zulily, and receive great plants.  A few of the mini roses in a set of four bought here died, but I was refunded.  We had unusually hot weather around the time they were sent, and they were tiny, but the other two are thriving.  I have bought many sets of minis here and all are thriving.

The weather here this year is the strangest ever.  After periods of 80's, it is now cold, grey, and very windy for a period. 

Trusted Contributor

I purchased a set of 2 each  patio veggies - tomatoes, cukes and egg plants and they are all sitting on my deck happy as can be.  The cukes already have blossoms.  Tomatoes are supposed to be regular size while the other 2 are minis.  From Philip I got the sunpatients and they are all doing well.

Respected Contributor

Won't purchase anything from Roberta's again. The do not sell quality bulbs/plants. There customer service is just as bad.  Best to buy locally. Learned my lesson.

Esteemed Contributor

Two of four daisy plants from Cottage Farms last year came back. They're beautiful and ready to bloom. The other two didn't survive last summer. They were all in the same stressful area, but the sun and heat were too much for those on the front line. They went, along with at least three other plants that I bought locally. So I haven't even thought of asking for replacements. 

This year I ordered the Old Glory Petchoa plants from Roberta's. They arrived in great condition and are blooming beautifully. The blue and red ones are such beautiful rich, deep colors, it almost hurts to look at them. In a good way. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I have ordered from both those companies as well as Cottage Farms----all were garbage and I got my $$ back except for the frangrant lily bulbs I ordered from Philip and Robertas---just got the ones from PW yesterday and this will be year 3 for robertas---which has done very well---but usually  buy from my local nurseries now----

Occasional Contributor

Thanks everyone for your responses, it was enlightening.  We live in NW IN and the weather is so goofy I guess  had I received the plants they would be sitting on the porch anyway.  Still going to stay away from on-line plants.  Just disappointing.  Was really looking forward to getting the gladiolus and Shasta daisies.  Just hope I can find some tomatoes.  Lowe's or Menards may still have some.  Enjoy your gardening.....

Super Contributor

I normally don't buy plants from QVC/HSN, but I was looking for a specific plant this year. Local stores didn't have it, Roberta's was offerring it, so I ordered 3 Bloomerang Lilac bushes from QVC. They showed up 2 weeks later than they were originally supposed to and are about 1/2 the size shown on the tv presentation ... but they are healthy looking and well-branched. They've been in the ground about 2 weeks ... so far, so good. Now I have to see if they can make it through a southern NM summer.

Occasional Contributor

I have  not recieved my Tomatoes from Roberta's yet. I have called twice and they just keep blaming Covid 19, just the QVC with thier shipping.  

I was told last week they would be here this week, nothing yet.  NEVER AGAIN. 

Trusted Contributor

@chlema wrote:

I purchased a set of 2 each  patio veggies - tomatoes, cukes and egg plants and they are all sitting on my deck happy as can be.  The cukes already have blossoms.  Tomatoes are supposed to be regular size while the other 2 are minis.  From Philip I got the sunpatients and they are all doing well.

So this is an update on my previous post above.  So far I have harvested 2 cukes and there are at least 50 more babies growing.  The egg plants are blooming like crazy, so far no tomatoes but lots of blooms.  The tomato plants reach the top railing on my deck.  Maybe I was just lucky getting a good batch of plants but so far I sure am not complaining.  

As for the sunpatients, I received a set of 6, gave 3 to my daughter.  Here's the weird thing, hers do not tolerate sun but mine are in sun most of the day and have no problems so far.  She lives 2 miles from me so it is strange.  All of them are growing tho.

ordered a Magenta Crape Myrtle frm Q- Robertas 4/17   est del4/28   no tracking

no Myrtle

called Q CS three times  I understand these vendors are short handed bec of the virus but.......

Q says will shipp 6/2  no tracking on their site     no myrtle

then they said shipping 6/6   no tracking  not shipped   no myrtle

so disappointed  its June 9  Myrle should be in ground already and getting established...

called Robertas   no answer.  

an unhappy Gardener -- Rose