Occasional Contributor

Re: Philip Watson

[ Edited ]

Looking at the fine print on all the new growing guides, it looks like his new collection is from Roberta's. It is the website and quarantee on the guide.

Honored Contributor

@dvard wrote:

Looking at the fine print on all the new growing guides, it looks like his new collection is from Roberta's. It is the website and quarantee on the guide.

@dvard   Phillip has mentioned in several presentations that his new plants are his designs entirely, but he has teamed with Roberta's for shipping and inventory only.  You can go on Roberta's website; they have created an entire sub-category of Phillip Watson Design products.  That's why the Grow Guarantee is the same, they are under Roberta's conditions before they are shipped out to the consumer.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chlema Oh dear.  Well, hope burns eternal!  The Tropical Trumpet Vine I ordered in 2018 was SO wonderful.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered sebum mat from  Philip Watson. I received a phone call recording saying it would  not ship until June. Two days later had a notice in my email that it had been shipped  (early May)? I was surprised that it arrived in Robertas box. Looked closer box also had Philip Watson's new logo on it. Plants are not the same as the larger sedum mat that was a tsv a year or 2 back.The growing guide photo looks like like the previous mat sold. Photo did not look like what I received. Mat was not cut very well. There were bare spots in the rectangle tray the mat comes in. Plants did seem to be in ok condition. I never heard Philip Watson ever mention any connection  to Robertas. He said it was his own collection. 

Like some others had mentioned I ordered the perennial Gerber Daisies. They did not come back the next year. They were pretty much out of things to replace it. I got grass plugs which did not come back the next year either.

I will not be purchasing any plants at QVC except the sedum mat.

Esteemed Contributor

Yea...my miniture roses are coming 6/10 now

I am Ok with that as long as they are healthy. I haven't been able to find simialr ones locally....

Trusted Contributor

I notice that some of his plants indicate "imported."   I'd like to know where they come from since I thought I was buying USA grown plants. 

Visitor

Re: Philip Watson new venture