Honored Contributor

My house plants have spawned again

The 4 left plant is a spawn from a palnt we bought 16 years ago and that has now spawned again. I am serious that I have no clue how this is happening. It is not a flowering plant so there are no seeds that we know of 

Spawn below

crazy.jpg

Original plant spawn 1

DA6B950E-EA07-49C1-9283-977AEBDBA257.jpeg

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: My house plants have spawned again

It's probably potbound

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

It is not pot bound and that does not explain how tere are new plants are in another pot, I am changing the pots very soon so we will see

@Desertdi wrote:

It's probably potbound

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

No clue what I'm looking for - nor what spawned means - nor which one is the before or after.

Typically plants give off new root shoots - is that the problem?

Honored Contributor

@fthunt 

The new plant is not in the same pot and Spawn means  to deposit or fertilize

@fthunt wrote:

No clue what I'm looking for - nor what spawned means - nor which one is the before or after.

Typically plants give off new root shoots - is that the problem?

Frequent Contributor

The original plant (Alocasia) does have seeds. Could one somehow have been left behind.

Valued Contributor

They remind me of my elephant ears but I also have a houseplant inside similar but no spawns from it.Now elephant ear different story.!
They spawned clear across backyard! Tiny little baby found in my other flower bed.How it get over there? I know they run along tubers.I had some pots near by, wonder if a tuber was in pot? Those things, whew.

Good luck with mystery.Take care.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Sorry me again.Do they sit that close all the time? If so & I think this has happened to a plant of mine before, maybe a small piece? fell or "jumped" over there into other pot.I say jumped cause air vent is nearby & blows leaves around.Maybe.