Honored Contributor

It's that Time of Year in Texas

Texas in Spring is absolutely glorious.  They do wild flowers the best. 

Screenshot_20230330_171007_Chrome.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: It's that Time of Year in Texas

@Kachina624   Thanks for the positive beautiful post at this moment, sorely needed.

Respected Contributor

I think the rains were perfectly timed this year to make a spectacular wildflower season. The Indian Paintbrush are a favorite of mine. They will often be mixed with the bluebonnets.

Respected Contributor

Thank you. It never ceases to amaze me. The Azalea Trails started this week in our east Texas town to showcase their blooms and this weekend Dogwood Trails Days.

Y'all come !  🌸💐🌸🌷

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Texas and have visited 4 times, all at different times of year, for different reasons the particular time of year was chosen, around particular events. And none were when the blue bonnets were in bloom! Always wanted to see them. I need to visit when they're in bloom sometime..

Beautiful pic. 💙

Respected Contributor

We took a drive to Ennis, Texas on Saturday and the bluebonnets were spectacular, as usual.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful picture!

I have a good friend who is originally from Texas. She hasn't been back to her home state for many years, but I've heard her talk about the bluebonnets. She's an artist and has painted a landscape of bluebonnets. 

Honored Contributor

Because there's no Indian Paintbrush mixed in, I bet this is a cultivated field grown to harvest seed.  I have some seed and thought about tossing it onto the rocks in my front yard to see if anything would happen. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Nothing more striking than a field of Texas Bluebonnets. Haven't seen as many this year in my area due to the extended drought.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

♥Surface of the Sun♥