Trusted Contributor

If Your Garden Flag Keeps Getting Wrapped Around.....

I have found two items which stop the garden flag from getting wrapped around the stand.  The first one is a garden flag stand that has an anti-wind clip attached.  The clip, attached to the flag's pole,  holds onto the bottom of the flag so it cannot whip around.  

I have purchased one of these but also had another garden flag stand and wondered how I could get the same results without purchasing a new flag stand.  I found these which come together in one order.

The item on the right is something you use at the top to keep the flag from moving on the top rail.  The other two pieces are a clip that a piece of velcro is attached and then wound around the flag pole with the clip being attached to the bottom of the garden flag so it can't whip around in the wind.

I sure wish I had the creativity to think of something like this.  I might be a millionaire (ha, ha).

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Frequent Contributor

Re: If Your Garden Flag Keeps Getting Wrapped Around.....

I use a small magnet, about the size of a nickel, and put it on the lower corner of the garden size flag.  This will anchor the corner of the flag to the metal of the flag stand.

Honored Contributor

My husband uses very fine wire and secures ours somehow.  Don't know how he does it, but it does the trick!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

We use the large pole-mounted flags, and they often wrap around the pole. I've tried sewing weights to the lower corners, but they still wrap around on windy days. Still looking for a solution. 

Trusted Contributor

How about a spring-loaded clothespin? You could paint it to either match a color in your garden flag or a dark color like the flag stand.

Honored Contributor

I tried those clips they worked until they finally split - now I put a small binder clip on the top of the flag stand. 

Holds it perfectly in place and really don't notice it at all. (I use the smallest ones found at Dollar Tree in stationery aisle)

Valued Contributor

@LonestarBabs That what I use.The regular wooden ones.Works fine.