Trusted Contributor

Over the weekend I fouind some bulbs in the garage that I had comeplety forgotten about. One group was about a half a dozen tulips; a soft white with pink lining the edges and the "seams" of the petals. So pretty.

The other 3 are Emperess bulbs (tulips maybe? possibly irises but I don't think so). They're very distinctive in that the bulbs smell really bad and also that the bulbs have an indentation right in the center so that you're obliged to plant them sideways so the water doesn't collect in the dent and rot the bulb.

IF they survive, they'll be bodaciously spectacular. I aready have some; I planted one or two bulbs and they seem indestructible (I hope) and they multiply every year.

I LOVE planting things that I've forgotten about and waiting to see if 1) they survive and 2) what they are Woman LOL

My Gala apple tree is loaded with fruit and the flavor is improving every day. I want to make pies with the fruit but I also want to wait as long as possible to pick the fruit, since I think a touch of frost with really make the flavor even etter.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought this was about the older light bulbs that you can't find any more. 

Esteemed Contributor

@FuzzyFace, years ago I had Empress tulip bulbs.  They were gorgeous.  I never had tulips that nice again.  LM