Esteemed Contributor

Got a new Hummingbird feeder

I’m excited to see them back

7DBD085B-154C-45A6-8557-93E19CA1AD7B.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Got a new Hummingbird feeder

@qvcfreak 

That's lovely.  You must be in Florida.  I have a friend who has so many hummingbirds that she makes 10 gallons of water/food for them per day.  It looks like it's raining birds at her house.  That is her hobby, her passion, her love.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Nonametoday  Im in South Texas and I saw a couple already but I wasn’t ready for them. Already made the syrup. Cooling down so I can set it up.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

Thank you @Nonametoday  Im in South Texas and I saw a couple already but I wasn’t ready for them. Already made the syrup. Cooling down so I can set it up.

@qvcfreak 

Oh, yes.  You are pretty far south too.  She is in Georgia, lower part (near Savanah).  Hers will get to her earlier than mine will to me.  I visit her once or twice during the summertime.  We used to be neighbors years ago and such a great friend.  I love seeing her hummingbirds. Her husband, a retired, doctor helps with the birds.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak   I'm excited about the hummingbirds coming back, too.  They were saying on the local news today that it's almost time.  They'll be back next month.  I'm in East TN.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

During this recent tornado action (GA - TX - elsewhere) couldn't stop thinking about the birds now migrating and what little chance they have to survive the torrid of rain and wind.

I've heard, in the past, about piles of dead birds on the ground following spring storms.  

Watching here (NYS) for the hummers.

Respected Contributor

I really like your new Hummingbird feeder 🤗

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love your new feeder! I am putting a bird cage on a stand that will have the door open next to the fire cracker flowers that they love and come to. I am going to put a pot of them in the bottom of the cage and hang a feeder for them in it also. The door will be open all the time as I am not trying to catch them just hoping they will go in and I can see them better for a little while. We live in CO and get really excited when we see them on our flowers by the patio.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh wow that sounds really nice @Kitlynn  Please post pic when you set it up

Esteemed Contributor

I love watching them @NickNack They have such beautiful colors. I didn’t get many last year. Hope this year I see more,