Esteemed Contributor

We did not have a spring feeling today in the St. Louis area and parts of the middle Midwest! The temps dropped to the low 30s and we had a combination of snow and sleet throughout the day. My poor hostas, ferns and everything else coming up so beautifully inside my patio area are all drooping and look so sad. Temps tonight are forecast in the upper 20s, so I've covered as much as I can with sheets, and hope they'll bounce back. What a disappointment to go from 70 yesterday to snow and sleet today!

Esteemed Contributor

Many us in the snow path.   It's been cold in NYS past few days and now colder with bad weather moving across Cleveland and heading east.  Reports say snow will begin after midnight - and by noon & afternoon snow dump could be significant.

I have a 2:00 dentist appt to have stitches remove from oral surgery - I just might push that off to another day.  Don't like to drive blind -  in whiteouts.

Stay warm.

Esteemed Contributor

It got cold here in Arkansas too. I'm very disappointed in Mother Nature at the moment. When I left to go to town this afternoon, it was sunny and 67. When I came home an hour later, the temp had dropped about 10 degrees and the wind was starting to blow. It feels like its in the 30's, and the wind is blowing. It is so cold out, just got in and my fingers are hurting. Not sure where I put my gloves, I thought I was done with them.

I hope all your plants live, @jannabelle1

Esteemed Contributor

Lucky you. It's in the 90's here in Arizona. 

Esteemed Contributor

@happycat, I'm very disappointed in Mother Nature too! And to all of you who had this awful weather today or may get it tomorrow, let's hope our plants survive just fine! But most of all - stay safe!

Honored Contributor

The cold front arrives here this afternoon. We're expecting thunderstorms as the cold weather rolls in. The good news is after it leaves, things look pretty nice next week. Highs in the seventies and overnight lows in the fifties. Which is good as I've got to repaint my front porch floor and I need nights in the fifties for the paint to cure properly. Sudden cold is not all that uncommon this time of year. Our last anticipated frost date is May 14th here. We came pretty close to that last year. So, we've got three more weeks before we can somewhat trust the weather to behave. (Even then there are no guarantees.) That long-range forecast is my most viewed feature on the weather apps this time of year. Some years I can cheat and start putting things out early. This isn't going to be one of those years.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm right next door to you @jannabelle1 -- we woke up to snow yesterday with big 'cotton ball' flakes.  It was gorgeous.  Too bad it was late April and not December!  Oh wellll.....

It melted by noon, but stayed cold.  We had a hard freeze last night.  Once upon a time I'd run around covering perennials with sheets and upside-down buckets.  Those days are gone!  My perennials will survive.... might be a little droopy for awhile.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

It's supposed to go down to 32 tonight (east central Pa.) Hope my hostas, bleeding hearts and the lilac getting ready to bloom survive. Last year we had a cold snap mid May and my  lilac lost it's pretty. It just kinda withered.

Esteemed Contributor

Big, fluffly snow flakes in KC MO yesterday. Lovely, but wasn't in the mood for it. Snow melted but 48 degrees today.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

It is currently snowing in my neck of the Rockies, but it snows throughout the winter here, and spring snow is typical.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖