Trusted Contributor

Looks like garden day on qvc, Tues, Jan. 22, I can't wait seeing all the plants and garden tools sure makes me smile on these dreary winter days !!!!!

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the reminder, I'm looking forward to it.  I guess we'll find out then who the new Cottage Farms rep is.  By the way,it's Tuesday January 22.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, appreciate catching that.

Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Thank you for the reminder, I'm looking forward to it.  I guess we'll find out then who the new Cottage Farms rep is.  By the way,it's Tuesday January 22.

@ValuSkr  Q2 had a 2 hour Cottage Farms program on the other day.

I missed the first hour but there were two reps for CF for that particular show. 

A woman and a guy.  Kelly was the guy but I didn't catch the woman's name.

Both were knowledgeable and friendly.  It will take a little time getting used to

the new CF vendors because a good part of the past shows were because of Philip Watson.  His personality, humor and horticultural knowledge provided much entertainment.  CF shows just won't be the same without Philip. 

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Trusted Contributor

@Lyttlewyng  I watched part of the Cottage Fsrm show and feel it will take time getting use to the new vendors, I'm trying not to compare them to Philip Watson,  but it's hard.  I liked both of them, and they both knew their plants.

Respected Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@Lyttlewyng  I watched part of the Cottage Fsrm show and feel it will take time getting use to the new vendors, I'm trying not to compare them to Philip Watson,  but it's hard.  I liked both of them, and they both knew their plants.

Without Philip Watson its going to be a snoozefest. The new vendor is going to face a lot of critique because so many people enjoyed Philip. Its very sad that QVC let him go unceremoniously.

Trusted Contributor

I recorded and watched the Cottage Farms premiere on QVC2 last week.  Both reps were really great.  Kelly is the "professional" and is a horticulturist and some director at a place in Idaho.  The other rep was a woman with two little girls, who is a self-taught gardener.  They took turns presenting items and were both very friendly and knew a lot.  I ended up placing an order for an item, which I had never done before through QVC (for plants).

It will be hard to fill Philip's shoes, but the show must go on.  They deserve a chance to show us their "stuff" too.  It won't be the same kind of presentation we are used to with Philip, but I guess the point is to learn about different flowers and plants.  I think these two will deliver that. 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@hayseed00 wrote:

Without Philip Watson its going to be a snoozefest. The new vendor is going to face a lot of critique because so many people enjoyed Philip. Its very sad that QVC let him go unceremoniously.

@Reever.  Philip stated on his Facebook that he and QVC could not come to terms. I don't think they just dumped him. It sounded like negotiation problems.

Honored Contributor

Re: Garden Show

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@hayseed00 wrote:

@Reever.  Philip stated on his Facebook that he and QVC could not come to terms. I don't think they just dumped him. It sounded like negotiation problems.

@proudlyfromNJ  Oh, I thought he made the choice to move on to do other projects, which he did say at one time, I believe, did not know about this.  I won't be buying Cottage Farms any longer, only bought due to Philip.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@hayseed00 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Oh, I thought he made the choice to move on to do other projects, which he did say at one time, I believe, did not know about this.  I won't be buying Cottage Farms any longer, only bought due to Philip.

@mousiegirl.  Yes, I guess he decided to move on instead of agreeing to QVC terms, which I guess he wasn’t happy with. Good for him.