Respected Contributor

Re: Encore Azaleas experience please

@wildcat fan wrote:

Those will be lovely @SANNA.  😊 I had to look up the Monarch ones.  I love that color!  I've never seen it around here.  

I like your idea of adding roses.  On one side of my house I have pink Encore azaleas with white hybrid tea roses in front of them.  In another area, I've paired them with Knockout roses.  

My next door neighbors have several of those dark blue (almost purple) Endless Summer hydrangeas.  ❤️  I'd love to have some of those too.  I always have to fight the urge to go over and pick some.  😂  If I had as many they do, I'd cut some for a vase, but I never see them out cutting theirs.  He waters them every day and he says he adds something to keep them that color.  

Oh , I love Knockout roses, I have 2, hot pink.  Hydrangeas I want Bloomstruck ( they are pink, lilac,blue) and Summer Crush ( red pink). 

I cannot believe your neighbors ! I would put them all over my rooms! My daughter just brought me a fresh bouquet of hers. I cannot wait to grow them!91773BD5-5B0F-45A1-B010-8513F8DA2784.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Those are beautiful @SANNA!  😍 

Honored Contributor

@SANNA  I think you misunderstood about lilies. Lilies are single stem with multiple blooms -- also called Asiatic or oriental lilies. Daylilies are Hemerocallis family & have scapes that have lily like blooms that bloom for a day. You have probably seen the yellow gold ones 'Stella D'Oro'. Most daylilies aren't fragrant like lilies are. They are grown for their wide variety of colors. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I@JustJazzmom wrote:

@SANNA  I think you misunderstood about lilies. Lilies are single stem with multiple blooms -- also called Asiatic or oriental lilies. Daylilies are Hemerocallis family & have scapes that have lily like blooms that bloom for a day. You have probably seen the yellow gold ones 'Stella D'Oro'. Most daylilies aren't fragrant like lilies are. They are grown for their wide variety of colors. 

I got it. Even though lilies are pretty, I never liked them , I never buy them for myself or anybody. Just not my flower. Although I love  a symbol of fleur de lis.

Esteemed Contributor

My neighbor in Central Florida had these azaleas on an Eastern wall and they did well and were always blooming!  So pretty!  I think they should do well.