Esteemed Contributor
Well, while you're busy wondering if he's had face work done, and considering the balance in his bank account @Reever, the rest of us will be connecting with the benefits of gardening.
Honored Contributor

Re: Cottage Farms

[ Edited ]
@Reever wrote:

wrote:

Surprised to hear Phillip saying he is 65.  He looks fantastic!

I have to wonder if he's had some work done. He seems a bit too "Kenish" to me,

SOOOOOO predictable and SOOOOO appropriate, considering the topic and forum.  (Although, to be fair, the OP did start out by saying he looked fantastic.)  Woman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

I've never had any luck with items I've ordered from Cottage Farms, with one exception - a hydrangea bush that has managed to survive.  By now, it should be about nine feet tall and it's only about four feet (after many years), but at least it's still alive.

I no longer order from them because I spent way too much money on things that arrived in poor condition and simply died, no matter what I did to care for them.  And in one instance, when I contacted them, I got a very snooty response and a written lecture on how to care for strawberry plants.

Maybe things have changed since then, but I deal with my local nurseries now.  I think much of it is whether plants are truly suited to the areas they ship to.

Honored Contributor

There are many reputable garden mail order/catalog companies. Look at this website for reviews: https://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/#b

If you see something you like here, look locally or from another comsny. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately I did not have any luck with the plants I've purchased from QVC.  I've purchased them for 3 years in a row and will stop as of this year.  I will watch the shows as I love looking at the beautiful plants. I don't know if it's the plants or just me, but the ones I've purchased from QVC have not done well.

One problem is that they always seem to arrive late.  Everyone in the neighborhood already has all of their plants planted and I was still waiting for mine to arrive.  To receive plants the beginning of June is too late for me.  Need them to arrive about the second week of May.

Super Contributor

This has nothing to do with Cottage Farms, but what does DH mean? 

Trusted Contributor

Well, I think it means Dear Husband?   At least that's my understanding, and how I've been using it lol.

Valued Contributor

I would never buy again from this company everything I ordered never grew.. That tree I ordered or Vegetables. All were dead. I do not know why this man is still on the need to cancel all of these shows. Also that plow and hearth too. Ordered this blue outside light and it was working for two days then died.   

Contributor

Will Cottage Farms be returning?  Their last show did not feature the annual plants I loved from last year.