Contributor

Re: CHECK THE REVIEWS before they're shipped!!

All my purchases from Roberta's and cottage farms perform well.I have never had a problem with them.

Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2014 twopeas said:

Buy locally ! Help the economy in your neighborhood. The plants will be already grown and you can see what they look like. I buy a lot every spring and I've never lost a plant. You can easily check for disease and overall health of the plant if you purchase from a local gardener ~ I even buy from Lowe's and Home Depot ~ they have beautiful trees, shrubs, and flowers every year.

I absolutely agree with this. I also think it's important to talk to someone locally who knows what will or will not grow well in your area and in the conditions in your yard. It's easy to fail and not know why because you did something like buy a plant that doesn't like direct sun and you have a yard full of it or you live in an area with serious water restrictions and chose a plant that needs to be watered more often than others. I'm about to choose some new plants for my patio and I need to consider what work I'm willing to put in (not much) and pick plants that will be low maintenance, no matter how much I might want to buy a pretty plant that I'm not really willing to put the effort into.

Esteemed Contributor

I got sucked in to the Roberta's daylilies TSV this year. My ship date wasn't till the end of April so I checked the reviews & canceled.

Honored Contributor

PinkSugar, I love day lilies and discovered Smokey's Day Lilies when buying on eBay (they have a store, not an auction). I've since bought off their website and have had wonderful service + they run "specials". I like that I can get a collection all the same color. Their plants are twice the size that I used to get from CF.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment