Trusted Contributor

yes i know what the inseam measurements say on the item description...lol...BUT...many reviews say the measurements are off...one review said she got the regular in 4 diferent colors/patterns & each had a different inseam...for people who own the beach pants in black...was the inseam 30" on the reg & 27" on the petite?

Super Contributor
I think those sound about right. I ordered the extra small in the petite for me in last year’s TSV, and then just recently I ordered the extra small in the regular for my daughter, and last year’s TSV, because the petite in black was sold out. I will say, however, that the legs were much wider in the regulars than the petites. So, even with hemming the regulars, and the fact that the leg flares a little at the bottom, the petite pants just are better proportioned for shorter women than the regulars. I find the inseam to be a little short, but I mainly just wear them around the house. I did fly in them recently, but they were fine for traveling, even with them being a little short.
Respected Contributor

@alohakz wrote:

yes i know what the inseam measurements say on the item description...lol...BUT...many reviews say the measurements are off...one review said she got the regular in 4 diferent colors/patterns & each had a different inseam...for people who own the beach pants in black...was the inseam 30" on the reg & 27" on the petite?

@alohakz 

It's frustrating when the actual item received isn't the same as the measurements posted in the description.  

I don't buy D & C but Kim Gravel Belle has this issue,  Purchasing the same size and item but different color can have wild fluctuations in measurements.

Nature of the beast I guess in online buying; I like Belle pants a lot and when they fit they are great.

Good luck if you order, if they don't fit you can return or if they are way off in sizing you can return as defective. 

Honored Contributor

@alohakz - I have the black from 2 years ago. I'm petite but long legged. I need a 30" inseam exactly. I've tried 29" and 31" because a lot of pants here are 31". I have to shorten, and unless they're dressier pants that I'm just crazy about, I won't. I can get away with 29" in the summer, but I usually won't order that length either.

The black ones I have are perfect for me. They are a true 30".  Smiley Happy