Respected Contributor

Re: "that woman" collection by marlo thomas hsn

I was just thinking the other day I hadn't seen her in a long time except for St. Jude advertisements.  I loved watching her show as a young girl.  I had to have a purse with a gold chain strap because she had one.  It was yellow. 

Respected Contributor

Oh yeah, another new line!!! HSN really does a great job introducing new designers and styles.

I am a little young for Marlo T and That Girl, but I feel a connection with her because strangers always tell me I remind them of T'hat Girl' or that I have her eyes.  When I wear my dark hair in a headband, I hear it all day.

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

Early Happy Birthday!

I figured she was up there in years. Should be interesting to see what a 79 year old 'designer' comes up with for all of us!

Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

Early Happy Birthday!

I figured she was up there in years. Should be interesting to see what a 79 year old 'designer' comes up with for all of us!

@Andreatoo, Thank you so very much for your birthday wishes.  Like you, I too am very curious about what her "fashions" are going to be all about.  Also curious why at this point of her life she decided to go in this direction.  We shall see . . .

Honored Contributor

I'm curious and will check out the lineup for The List before it airs. That is usually how I desire to watch or not.

MT is intelligent & interesting to listen to so she is likely to get me to watch regardless of what the clothes look like. But I also think she has a pretty good fashion sense so I'll bet the clothes are nice, too.

Honored Contributor

That's just what has-been former celebrities do now.  That show was before my time but I recall seeing the reruns.  So, the fashion line must be going after the "older" woman who remembers wanting  to be That Girl.  I suppose Mary Tyle Moore will me next...lol

Honored Contributor

I don't intend to buy any more polyester or man except for a very few items.

Valued Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@granny me wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

That girl has a clothing line?

Woman Wink

I don't know what to think but I'm curious enough to watch

@Andreatoo, Hope you're sitting down - "That Girl" turns 79 on Monday 11/21.  Yikes, where did the time go?!?

79?! I had no idea she was that old. 

@granny me, Goldie Hawn turns 71 on Monday 11/21, Marlo 79 and I'm the baby of the bunch coming in at 63 on Monday- lol!

Happy birthday 63 to you. May you have a year blesses with health, wealth and peace.

Valued Contributor

@granny me, thank you very much for your lovely birthday wishes.  I've been blessed with good health, and believe me, the older I get I don't take a day of it for granted. 

Honored Contributor

Have not seen or heard from her in over 25 years.... I assumed she was no longer public other than her children's charity work...interesting....