Trusted Contributor

George Simonton-I was late to the party!

I haven't been on the forum for a few months and I cancelled cable so I rarely get to watch QVC. I log in sometime to see what's coming up or just clearance sometimes. Anyway, I have wanted to try his crystal knit pants for a long time....I decided to buy two pairs in clearance....wow wow wow. I only hope they don't sell out before I can afford to buy other colors. I also tried the how comfy denim and company jeans and they fit and feel great. I am sorry that his line is going away....I was late to the party for sure. Oh yeah and they were petite pants too!
Honored Contributor

Re: George Simonton-I was late to the party!

I liked his clothes a lot too!  He understood the lines of the female body (good grief, the man taught classes about how to fit the body).

I could sit for hours and listen to him talk about how he'd drape the garment or how he'd put in a dart there.  I learned so much from watching him.

He was such a gentleman.  We don't know.  Perhaps he found it too difficult to continue to teach his classes and come on to QVC.

I think it is QVC's loss (and my loss) that he isn't there anymore.  I wish him well.  I know whatever he is doing he is as amazing as ever.  

ps I also like Louis.  He is very much like George.  They are informative and respect women.  Two winning attributes as far as I'm concerned.

Trusted Contributor

Everything I have-tops,pants-from him looks new.  Can't say that about Susan Graver's material even after 1 wearing.  Better quality. And, a classy man. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes I have been wanting to try Louis line as well. Years ago I bought a beautiful jacket of his and it was gorgeous, I have since lost nearly 100 pounds so I haven't tried his line but it is on my bucket list. I am kind of in a yo-yo with my weight right now, bouncing up and down ten pounds and when your short ten pounds puts me in a new size....so I really like these pants because they will allow me to go-yo and still feel comfortable. I also like Iman's palazzo pants as well.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear George Simonton,

I am posting this in the hope that someone can relay this message and thread to you, and please know if you were not invited back by QVC, it is because there are more enriching things still in store for you to do.

"Wherever you are..... and wherever you venture to, please remember both I and my husband both wish you a wealth of continued happiness, and prosperity".

Blessings to you, and many thanks for filling many of my closets full of your gorgeous well made very classic one of a kind creations.

Whenever I wear your lovely garments I feel so proud, as does my husband who is also a fan, especially when what I wear is admired by many, and we receive so many compliments.

"Mr. Simonton hubby and I wish you everything good in life, along with happiness, joy, and much safety".

Please remember you have made a friend for life in us, and we sorely miss you on QVC, but know Iwe can always find your gorgeous creations at other very well known couture establishments, and for that, we are very grateful.

Also please remember Mr, Simonton......"You are the epitome of a well loved and highly respected in the fashion industry....and indeed you are a very rare treasure, filled with such wonderful  classic creative fashion sense and knowledge, and the fact that you shared it all with myself and my husband on QVC makes us feel so humble and proud".

Mr. Simonton wherever you are, and whatever you do now in your earthly journey, please know we, and other QVC member friends will always have you tucked safely in our thoughts, hearts, with continued blessings, and daily prayers.

May God  always smile down upon your every endeavor watch over your every footstep, and bless you dear Mr. Simonton...... and if I and my husband may, we would also like to include our many blessings too, along with our deep respect and admiration for you, and with all our thanks....now.... and alwaysSmiley Happy.

Well said!   I miss seeing George Simonton on QVC and checking his items onlilne.  It is a shame he wasn't invited back to QVC after 12 years!!     He was an asset to QVC and my hopes are that one of the other shopping channels will pick him up!    George is a very talented and classy man.

Frequent Contributor

I agree!  The shopping channels are so in tune with "trendy" designers geared for a younger audience (who does not buy them) than to appreciate their tried and true designers.  George Simonton is a CLASS act and as another poster said, I learned an awful lot by watching presentations.  His clothing is well made and fits well and will NEVER go out of style. I certainly miss seeing him.....

viewer 45

Honored Contributor

I still have 5 or so of his jackets--LOVE them!  Classy and will never go out of style.  His earlier jackets were incredible!

I also own a few blouses of his!  beautiful!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I have a couple of his jackets and one top that I abolutely love.  I bought them about 2006 or 2007.  

I don't know what happened to him - but his styles / prints / fabrics changed shortly after that .  Totally lost me.

Respected Contributor

I had some great pieces from George Simonton, still wear some of his pants and a top or two from way back, but the prints and the poly knits did not appeal, so I guess I am one of many who stopped ordering?  It's a shame as he was an excellent designer and the clothes fit extremely well with his eye for cut and detail.  I still have some nice Marc Bouwer too, and Chloe Dao.