Respected Contributor

I don't mind it...but I really don't like all the ugly camo stuff...now that trend is not for me.

Occasional Contributor

I'm not sure what I think of the cold shoulder style, to be honest.  I do keep coming across a lot of tops with that feature while trying to shop for clothes for work and I'm not entirely sure it's a style suitable for the office.  

Trusted Contributor

When winter or cold season comes,will you still wear this crazy deal.?

Honored Contributor

@Brat Cat Mom wrote:

I'm not sure what I think of the cold shoulder style, to be honest.  I do keep coming across a lot of tops with that feature while trying to shop for clothes for work and I'm not entirely sure it's a style suitable for the office.  

@Brat Cat Mom, I work in a law firm and I personally wouldn't wear cold-shoulder to work.  I don't find it professional for my office setting.

That's one reason why I wouldn't want a million cold-shoulder pieces.  

Honored Contributor

@bewise wrote:

When winter or cold season comes,will you still wear this crazy deal.?

Why wouldn't I?  Unless I'm at some outdoor event of some kind or outside shoveling snow, places have heat.  

Trusted Contributor

It's not my personal taste, but I have seen some that I actually considered purchasing. They are not the extreme cold shoulders, but literally only the shoulder is exposed. I just think we are oversaturated with this trend, the high low, the asymetrical. The boho - too much of it. I am not opposed to any trend or what others want to wear, but some of us still need to work in a corporate environment where not everything is appropriate. With that said, on the rare occasion I may go out in the evening for drinks, or a club, all bets are off with what I'm wearing, but it will be in black ...

Esteemed Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If someone thinks cold-shoulder is trashy, they must positively pass out when they see someone in a bathing suit.  And a bikini must really have them clutching their pearls.

She probably means the ones who wear it who maybe shouldn't.  I think most people try to accentuate their positive body areas and not flaunt the ones that aren't so attractive.  

Who are the ones who shouldn't wear it. Do you mean those who have unattractive little patch of upper arm?

Super Contributor

@REE43  this is not new.  I've been wearing cold shoulder tops and off the shoulder for quite a few years....at least 10. I wore them when others thought they were ugly.  I didn't care, wore them anyway because I am my own person.  I have many in my closet from QVC that far back. Now, I guess I look like a "follower" to you, but indeed I just like them and have for a very long time when others were not on board. So, maybe I am leader or ahead of the trend.  In any case, to each his own, I say.  I remember when everyone was wearing bell bottoms, granny dresses, etc back in the late 70's. This too shall pass, and I again will be among the few who hang in there with the style. I like my shoulders, and as long as they stay nice, I'll show them whenever the mood hits me. We like what we like, and I say "let it be".

Occasional Contributor

All I was doing was stating an opinion on a style. Many people attacked me with rude comments  and troll pics by the way so immature .  This thread can go away and I will keep opinions to myself  as I see you have to be ready for knives in your back on these boards. Adios