Honored Contributor

šŸ¤ Zipper Accents šŸ¤

I came across this cardigan with zipper accents.  I am not going to mention the designer ON PURPOSE, so that we can objectively discuss the zipper detail.

(There is no "secret pocket" that the zipper is closing up, in case you were wondering.)

What do you think of the zippers?

Honored Contributor

Re: šŸ¤ Zipper Accents šŸ¤

IMHO goofy and worthless.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono I honestly do not know, normally I am a fan of zippers, but these seem a little "Off" to me, let me come back after looking at it later, LOL!

Respected Contributor

I think it is cute. Personally as I kind of go horizontal at my waist I don't think these would suit me. I like the zipper as decoration fad , even when not functional. Cute enough.

But I do have a pair of jeans with zippers on the pockets and a jacket that look good enough but when it comes to a useable pocket (which I love) they hurt my hands.

Honored Contributor

I like that the zippers define the waist. They are a nice on-trend, fashionable accent for an otherwise plain garment. 

Honored Contributor

I know the designer, your secret is safe with me   <<wink>>

Placement is a bit odd but zipper detail are in.

In fact the trousers I'm wearing right now have 2 faux pockets in the front with an obvious zipper on each.   I don't have a picture

I like the accent.

@lolakimono

Trusted Contributor

I absolutely love zipper accents.  I have  a lot of them.  Adding here to be funny - I love all of the zipper accents on all of my everyday black clothing.

Honored Contributor

I think the zippers could be a problem and catch on things.I also think that they could date the cardigan.For the small impact they add I would look for a swearer without them.

Esteemed Contributor

I like zipper accents.  Several dresses and jackets by Calvin Klein and Michael Kors in my wardrobe have zip fronts or pockets.  

I actually tried on the sweater in the OP the other day.  I wanted royal blue or black, but they were sold out in my size.  If I didn't already own a lot of cardigans, I'd probably pass this by, but I liked it because it was different compared to the many classic cardis in my closet.

Honored Contributor

Ok who is going to give some hints on the designer?