Esteemed Contributor

Re: šŸ¤ Zipper Accents šŸ¤

[ Edited ]

I normally like zipper accents, but this one is a little too....random, I guess describes it best for me.

But I love the sweater otherwise, and depending on the price, might buy it.

ETA:  No, I would not purchase this sweater.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I don't want any zippers in the vicinity of knit fabrics.  It's only an invitation to pulls and pilling!

Don't these people have any sense!  Even hand washing isn't safe!

Honored Contributor

I'm not crazy about either one of these, HOWEVER I do like zippers when they are placed where I like on clothing. I have a few tops with zippers at the shoulders, and my favorite pants are these by Attitudes by Renee A279577. When I got them, I thought they would be a weekend pant, but I find myself reaching for them a lot more than that! The zipper is somewhat hidden and matched to the material, but it is still there and I can have the look I want - zipped or unzipped. Personally, I'm not a fan of bright zippers on the legs of pants, although I know many like that look. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@dex

Spoiler
Go to Dillard's and check out Item #04800032.
Honored Contributor

I like some zipper details but on this sweater it looks odd to me. 

Interesting choice of designer.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not exactly a new look...decorative zippers.  They've been trending for quite some time now.  They are not functional zippers, they just add interest.  I have a white dress that has faux zippers down each size.  It's a midi and it has the look of the zipper being open a few inches at the hem....I love that dress and I get compliments whenever I wear.  I should say whenver I wore it....it's too big now.  

Honored Contributor

These are fine.  What I hate are those huge metal zippers running all the way down the back of a dress. 

Respected Contributor

Like it.  Different.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

A280938...by Louis Dell'Olio right here on the Q

Honored Contributor

I like zipper accents. 

About 8 years ago I had a M Kors handbag with a zipper design on the outside of the bag. I had more compliments on that bag than any other bag I have ever owned. It pulled on all my clothing and was a disaster. I had to donate it after carrying it for a very short period of time.