Valued Contributor

Re: YOUR FIRST 2014 FASHION PURCHASE . . .

On 1/3/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 1/3/2014 PpprMintPatty said:

I got into the Dillard's sale early and picked up some VC shoes and boots at a great price.

I'm cutting way back this year but I've had my eye on a couple of these so took advantage of the discounts.

Sometimes waiting for things to go on sale pays off, and sometimes it doesn't. Always a happy day when it works out.Wink

PpprMintPatty ~ Please don't post pictures. I love your style and often feel the need to copy. Yes, you could call my your fashion stalker! LOL

j/k about the pictures. Would love to see your new shoes/boots!

You're too kind MM! Really, I'm very classic so I'm sure a lot of people would find me quite boring...lol! I add some accessories to liven things up but I always tend to gravitate to classic, clean lines with a modern flare. And I have to be comfortable!

I started my purge yesterday and I already feel better! I'll have a lot more functions/events to attend in the future but I'm still cutting my purchases in half. My husband spoke with our financial adviser so he's cutting them in half for me...lol!!

He's a saver except for our kids(would give them the world if he could), our animals(nothing is too good for them...lol), and when we spend money, he wants to create memories and not buy "things" and I agree.

Have a wonderful 2014 Magic!!

Contributor

I bought some yoga pants and a Rachel Zoe sweater from Costco
Valued Contributor

I decided to keep a log for 2014 and put down everything I purchase in clothes and the price and see how that goes. I gave myself an allowance each month and not too far into January and spent 1/2 already. I may find I need to budget more in certain months and less in others. Sort of playing around with it yet.

I always keep a log of Christmas items purchased so I don't forget what I have so far or forget who I got what. I also put down ideas that I think would make good gifts.

I think it will be interesting to see just what I end up with by the end of year.

Honored Contributor

I was going to get 2 vests by Liz C but decided I really don't need them so I cancelled them.

Trusted Contributor

I think I have been watching too much Suzy O. I haven't made one yet !

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Valued Contributor

On 1/2/2014 JustJazzmom said:

I decided to purchase the 3rd jacket and skirt set in the ivory/black color with the raspberry lace long sleeve top from Linea.

Gorgeous! I have that suit in black. It's one of my favorites. You just made my mouth water. I am wanting the ivory now.
Valued Contributor

I have been stalking the Linea zip front hooded tunic jacket. Every time one pops up on WL in my size, I order it. Since the beginning of the year, I waitlisted the beet red color in my size and the black in one size up. Since it's a tunic jacket, I'm willing to try a larger size if I can get it in black. But no purchases other than the WL items.
Honored Contributor

Hi Magic! My first NYDay purchases were the 4 shoes/boots on Dillard's sale--Vince Camuto. I didn't need them, but the deals were too good to pass up.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

On 1/4/2014 winamac1 said:

Hi Magic! My first NYDay purchases were the 4 shoes/boots on Dillard's sale--Vince Camuto. I didn't need them, but the deals were too good to pass up.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Braggart !{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/4/2014 winamac1 said:

Now win, don't go rubbing salt in my wound. You know I had a pair of shoes in my cart that someone snatched from me! {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Happy Saturday!