Honored Contributor

Re: Wow things are getting expensive

@SharkE

YOUR SO RIGHT! The clothing prices have steadily been climbing....I thought they were high for what they were when they were charging $49 (before you add shipping and tax), but now they've crept up to the $60 range....They keep comparing their prices to Boutiques but not that many women here shop at Boutiques, which are outrageous in their prices, and like you said I can do better at Dillards or Macy's for the same quality and unlike QVC their sizing is consistent at the local stores........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

I’m happy that I purchase much less clothing....more $ for my basic forever slacks, blazers, etc. and replenish tees/tops at TJ Max, etc. 

It’s not just the Q. All clothing prices are ridiculously high.

I keep wondering who the Q’s target audience is that they would pay so much for garments that IMO are just not worth the money (incl. shipping).

@Shanus

In an interview Mike George described the Q customer as follows:

"Our customer is a 35- to 65-year-old woman with a somewhat above-average income, The sweet spot of the household income level for QVC goes from $50,000 to $250,000." 

(I cant post the article because the page has ads, and QVC doesnt alllow links with ads)  Personally I think the Q customer is more 45 to 70 year old woman. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurtwrote:

@Shanuswrote:

I’m happy that I purchase much less clothing....more $ for my basic forever slacks, blazers, etc. and replenish tees/tops at TJ Max, etc. 

I keep wondering who the Q’s target audience is that they would pay so much for garments that IMO are just not worth the money (incl. shipping).

@Shanus

"Our customer is a 35- to 65-year-old woman with a somewhat above-average income, The sweet spot of the household income level for QVC goes from $50,000 to $250,000." 

(I cant post the article because the page has ads, and QVC doesnt alllow links with ads)  Personally I think the Q customer is more 45 to 70 year old woman. 

@Spurt  Doesn’t that seem like they’re casting too wide a net? Maybe they should do more research. There’s a huge difference between $50,000 & $250,000. In fact, IMO that covers almost 90% of USA’s population, no?

Honored Contributor

I couldn't believe the prices of LOGO items last night.  I rarely watch anymore, but tanks are now $59 and change--absurd!

I only buy lunchtime specials any longer.  I won't pay $70 (w/sh/h and tax) for a tank.  I donated most of my rayon anyway-way too hard to get wrinkles out of.

Susan Graver items are high too--so are Isaac's items.  WAY TOO EXPENSIVE.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Denim and Co. used to be priced at a fair point.  Now, the D & C items are so high too.

Honored Contributor

@Spurtwrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@Shanus

That's some range on the income "sweet spot".

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Spurtwrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@Shanus

ITA Spurt.  I think the avg. customer is around 40 to 70 or so.  I also know women close to 80 who buy from the Q.   Younger women do not appear to buy much from QVC or HSN--imo.

I think a few buy makeup if they see a TSV.

Honored Contributor

@Spurtwrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@Shanus

I agree about the age - I think the average Q customers are in their 70's to 80's. 

Honored Contributor

@Lila4Nowwrote:

@Kachina624wrote:

I know she claims to be "queen of pants" but her pants are very ill fitting IMO.  I can wear pants from every other QVC line, but hers don't fit worth a darn.

She seems to tailor her pants to women who are built like she is.  If you're not, they won't work for you.  Just take a look how they fit the models.

I'm built like Susan and I cannot wear her pants.  They are one of the most ill-fitting line of pants on my body that QVC sells. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdivawrote:

@Lila4Nowwrote:

@Kachina624wrote:

I know she claims to be "queen of pants" but her pants are very ill fitting IMO.  I can wear pants from every other QVC line, but hers don't fit worth a darn.

She seems to tailor her pants to women who are built like she is.  If you're not, they won't work for you.  Just take a look how they fit the models.

I'm built like Susan and I cannot wear her pants.  They are one of the most ill-fitting line of pants on my body that QVC sells. 

@Lipstickdiva

I think I tried one pair of her pants 10 years ago--awful.  

But, I've posted before, I can't wear most pants on QVC.   Most pants and jeans run way too big and the legs are huge.  I do love Martha Stewart jeans.  They fit me wonderfully! 

Logo pants run huge, and most of IM's run huge, LR's run huge and D & C/SG run too big in the legs.