Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wow things are getting expensive

I agree..........too pricey pull-on pants, or polyester tops. I'll pass. I can do better in brick and mortar stores. I used to buy a lot from Denim & Co., but the styles are too old lady like and not stylish at all. 

Honored Contributor

It's every brand of clothing. I use to buy D & Co and get top and bottoms for around $40. Now even they are around $50 a piece. And the so called clearance they have is a joke---still at least $35 and up--not clearance in my world. With the s/h and tax, for me , it's still the reg priced; no savings at all. So I go to my local brick and mortar stores to shop. I feel the need to patronize my local merchants. 

Respected Contributor

The problem is my “brick and mortar“ stores don’t have the colors I want and don’t have the size I need. So after going from store to store, I give up. I have just learned not to buy as much and by the size I need and the color I need in fewer items. 

Esteemed Contributor

My solution:  1.  wait for CLEARANCE  2. wait for AS IS   3. Check out other brands or other places to buy just about the same thing.  

I do very well with Zulily, Walmart and Costco.  People think I pay big bucks.  No way!

Honored Contributor

So many other shopping venue's out there, whether online or B&M, why continue to pay these crazy prices for items that are of no better quality than those other venue's? And add to that, the crazy sizing that is not even close to B&M sizing? None of it makes sense to me anymore.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m happy that I purchase much less clothing....more $ for my basic forever slacks, blazers, etc. and replenish tees/tops at TJ Max, etc. 

It’s not just the Q. All clothing prices are ridiculously high.

I keep wondering who the Q’s target audience is that they would pay so much for garments that IMO are just not worth the money (incl. shipping).

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbumwrote:

The problem is my “brick and mortar“ stores don’t have the colors I want and don’t have the size I need. So after going from store to store, I give up. I have just learned not to buy as much and by the size I need and the color I need in fewer items. 

@Bhvbum  Sometimes you can go online and find the color you need, but you shop like I do....Less Is More.

Honored Contributor

@Lila4Nowwrote:

@Kachina624wrote:

I know she claims to be "queen of pants" but her pants are very ill fitting IMO.  I can wear pants from every other QVC line, but hers don't fit worth a darn.

She seems to tailor her pants to women who are built like she is.  If you're not, they won't work for you.  Just take a look how they fit the models.

@Lila4Now

I"m not built like SG at all.  I have absolutely no hips or thighs.  I buy my pants according to hip measurement and the fit is perfect.  Of all QVC brands, SG's pants are overall the best fit for me.  My pants DO NOT fit like sausage skin.

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1wrote:
So many other shopping venue's out there, whether online or B&M, why continue to pay these crazy prices for items that are of no better quality than those other venue's? And add to that, the crazy sizing that is not even close to B&M sizing? None of it makes sense to me anymore.

@Snicks1.....most sites have free shipping to remain competitive w/ other sites and frequent sales of 25% and more depending on time of year. I always wait to purchase. Everything goes on sale eventually...usually within 30 days of seeing it online.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC could be offensive to some.