Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

I've stated before that I don't wear plaid. But I think this is a lovely ruana. 

It reminds me of all the plaids, especially kilts, that were around in the 60s. Anyone remember the kilts where you had to buy the huge pin to keep it closed?

tmp-cam-6042425.jpg

@ILTH 

Yeah!  I have a box of them here.  I use them on the woven scarves I wear over my coat. 

For my hand knits - I use shawl pins.  I have this one in "gold."

See the source image

@ALRATIBA 

For some odd reason, I loved those pins when I was a kid. I think it was because of the size. Huge or tiny versions of things fascinate me. 

Dinosaurs and miniature horses 😃

Esteemed Contributor

I suggest checking out the GaelSong catalog if you are looking for a ruana.  They have some lovely Irish and Scottish items, as well as many other unusual accessories.  I believe they are having a sale online now on certain items.  I love this catalog’s offerings.  

Honored Contributor

@ILTH 

Have you seen them decorated?   Really cute on denim jackets.  

See the source imageSee the source imageSee the source image

Honored Contributor

For any of you who know how to knit ... there's a really easy Ruana pattern in the book:

Folk Shawls:  25 Knitting Patterns and Tales from Around the World.  Book has been around for quite a while ... if interested you can find used copies at Alibris dot com for just a few dollars.

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono   Thanks so much for posting this!  I just ordered it and apparently got the last one because it now says Sold Out.  I just hope their inventory is correct and I really get it.