Honored Contributor

On sale at Brooks Brothers (50% off original)-

This ultra-soft ruana is crafted in England from pure wool. Its plaid pattern and fringed hem create a wonderfully warm layer with an air of timeless style.

24" x 55"; 3" fringe; dry-clean; made in England.

@SoX 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   You're probably way too young to remember "car robes" or "automobile blankets".    My ma left me a bunch of them that I could use as a ruana...........IF I DIDN'T LIVE in THE DESERT (!!!)    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Re: Wool Plaid Ruana

[ Edited ]

I've stated before that I don't wear plaid. But I think this is a lovely ruana. 

It reminds me of all the plaids, especially kilts, that were around in the 60s. Anyone remember the kilts where you had to buy the huge pin to keep it closed?

tmp-cam-6042425.jpg

Respected Contributor

@ILTH  I do. When in grade school I had a bold red plaid one ,or at least designed to look like a kilt . It was sewn shut ,but had the huge pin. I remember they were very popular.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@okaywitheasypay 

Mine were all real wrap kilts. I remember 2 fasten buttons at the waist, each many inches apart (about the length of the front of the waist). That distance dictated the amount of flap/wrap.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono Pretty, I love the navy and red

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Contributor

Tkis is beautiful.It reminds me of  fall,pumpkins,New England,walking through crisp fall leaves,apple cider and ghost stories.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just bought 3 of this type wrap at Sam's Club.  They are called "Cozy Blanket Wrap" made by Woolrich but for $13.98 each not wool of course!  They are really soft & comfy...I got a tone-on-tone brick color for me, & for my daughters, a soft dusty lavender plaid & the other a brighter blue plaid. They look just like this ruana!

Super Contributor

Funny to remember the plaid skirt/kilt with the big safety pin. I love wool wraps in colder weather. This is me poolside when it was around 40º outside last winter. 

OTKboots.png

Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

I've stated before that I don't wear plaid. But I think this is a lovely ruana. 

It reminds me of all the plaids, especially kilts, that were around in the 60s. Anyone remember the kilts where you had to buy the huge pin to keep it closed?

tmp-cam-6042425.jpg

@ILTH 

Yeah!  I have a box of them here.  I use them on the woven scarves I wear over my coat. 

For my hand knits - I use shawl pins.  I have this one in "gold."

See the source image