Honored Contributor

Re: Will Somebody please send QVC some Buttons and Zippers

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Other clothing sites have the open front cardigans as well.  Its a fad that will eventually become less and less.

I don't think it is a fad @Imaoldhippie 

just a style choice.  It has been around forever as I have always bought them with a clean front.

I have several cardis from Chicos, WHBM, QVC, JCP and many more places that have no buttons....and they are VERY old!

I don't think I have been in a Chico's or JCP in 10 years!

Right now, I am wearing a D&C red cable chunky sweater that has a clean front and it is at least 8 yrs old.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy or wear open front cardi's, jackets, etc., to each their own.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Since I don't own a coat and rarely need anything warmer than a hoodie. My hoodies all have zippers. 

Honored Contributor

It's not just QVC!!!  

Honored Contributor

I hate buttons and zippers and don't really live in a very cold part of the country.  I love the no fasten things and rarely fasten any sweater, jacket or coat.  

I think the new styles are better looking and easier to wear.  

Honored Contributor

The way the keep pushing the same tired TSVs over and over and can't seem to get rid of them, I'm guessing many women prefer a coat they can close when it's cold.  I certainly wouldn't buy one.  I have such a BD sweater and regret buying it for that reason. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Great idea @Stevie Nix ! Yeah, I bet they are fresh out! 

Of course there is a higher profit margin when manufacturers don't have to add closures on a garment!  
I live in the north and we have Winter here, so I DO close my jackets, etc.  No sale for me if no closure- 

Respected Contributor

@Stevie Nix wrote:

So tired of coats, jackets, and wraps that don't close.  Is this a cost saving exercise?

Yes.

Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nix    Totally agree.  I was in need/want of a cardigan and almost all of them had no closure..I will not purchase.  I want the item for warmth.

Honored Contributor

I have many coats.  I have my puffy cold weather coat when I'm outside for an extended period in frigid weather and I zip it up.  But most of the time, I go from my house to a heated car to heated building or store.  I don't need a thick heavy coat and I don't close my coats, I don't use buttons or zips.  So I like that we're seeing costs that don't have them.  It's all about options and choices for everyone depending on the customer's needs and wants.