Esteemed Contributor

Why shop at QVC if you are so done with what is offered?  There are so many on line sites  available with reasonably priced good quality clothing.  Many posters have shared favorite sites which are worth checking out. So many unique options.  Just a suggestion

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Where are the darts, tailored waistbands, zippers and buttons/button holes and other classic tailoring which ensures a garment drapes the female figure?

I'm horrified the shoulder and side seams are enough for today's woman when it comes to "fashion" by QVC and their customers. No wonder everything looks boxy, bulky and boring! Don't get me started on QVC's fabrics. I can't imagine wearing the man-made junk promoted over the last 20-25 years!

You're thinking quality, style, and femininity, @BirkiLady .  But the point of this line is obviously not to flatter "the female figure" and highlight what makes it attractive and unique.  Instead, the aim seems to be to hide it, in a bow to uni-sex conformity. Sadly, it's a sign of the times, and the company will likely make a bundle doing it.

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

Where are the darts, tailored waistbands, zippers and buttons/button holes and other classic tailoring which ensures a garment drapes the female figure?

I'm horrified the shoulder and side seams are enough for today's woman when it comes to "fashion" by QVC and their customers. No wonder everything looks boxy, bulky and boring! Don't get me started on QVC's fabrics. I can't imagine wearing the man-made junk promoted over the last 20-25 years!

You're thinking quality, style, and femininity, @BirkiLady .  But the point of this line is obviously not to flatter "the female figure" and highlight what makes it attractive and unique.  Instead, the aim seems to be to hide it, in a bow to uni-sex conformity. Sadly, it's a sign of the times, and the company will likely make a bundle doing it.

@vsm  Unisex conformity? Sign of the times? Check out some other stores and you will definitely find the feminine clothes you are looking for. I see them all the time when out shopping. 

Respected Contributor
I can’t order anything tailored online. I have to try that on. Open cardigans are my go to in my business casual workplace in lieu of a jacket. I’m too old and fat to wear anything that doesn’t stretch.

What kind of clothing is it you want to purchase that QVC isn’t showing? It feels like the people fussing that it isn’t for them are also saying they’re not buying anything either. They don’t want to spend the money, are retired and don’t need it, or are busy down sizing. Maybe you’re just not QVC’s target consumer any more?
Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I can’t order anything tailored online. I have to try that on. Open cardigans are my go to in my business casual workplace in lieu of a jacket. I’m too old and fat to wear anything that doesn’t stretch.

What kind of clothing is it you want to purchase that QVC isn’t showing? It feels like the people fussing that it isn’t for them are also saying they’re not buying anything either. They don’t want to spend the money, are retired and don’t need it, or are busy down sizing. Maybe you’re just not QVC’s target consumer any more?

That's what I frequently ask, as well -- what exactly is it that people want to see?

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Here is the sizing chart for Form & Line by Universal Standard

@Iwantcoffee The sizing must be the "highlight" of this company's offerings. In all my 69 years of shopping for clothing, I never thought I would live to see the day that vanity sizing would ever come to this.

I guess shapeless, oversized knits are what QVC thinks their customers are looking for? No wonder they are having issues with their stock.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

@vsm  Unisex conformity? Sign of the times? Check out some other stores and you will definitely find the feminine clothes you are looking for. I see them all the time when out shopping. 

I didn't say I can't find feminine clothing, @proudlyfromNJ .  I said sexless clothing is trendy -- "a sign of the times" -- and profitable.  The fact that a mass marketer like QVC is hopping aboard the gravy train is evidence of that.  You may object to my personal dislike of the trend, and that's fine.  But there's no doubting the trend exists.

Respected Contributor
@Trinity11, or you could visit the Universal Standard website and read their story about why the sized the line like this and understand how it fits into the ethos of the company?
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
@Trinity11, or you could visit the Universal Standard website and read their story about why the sized the line like this and understand how it fits into the ethos of the company?

I already read it. 🙄

Trusted Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

I didn't say I can't find feminine clothing, @proudlyfromNJ .  I said sexless clothing is trendy -- "a sign of the times" -- and profitable.  The fact that a mass marketer like QVC is hopping aboard the gravy train is evidence of that.  You may object to my personal dislike of the trend, and that's fine.  But there's no doubting the trend exists.

@vsm I see dresses, skirts,and duster cardigans, maybe boring, but hardly unisex. I shop quite a bit and I don't see this trend of which you speak.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson