Respected Contributor

Re: Why so many long sleeved tops?

i see both

a simple search shows more non long

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I wonder if the fact that QVC is in the North East affects their buying choices. It was 105 degrees here today and I am wearing denim bermuda shorts and a cotton Vneck Tshirt. I am 72 and wear what I like without criticizing my body. I dislike the rolls by my waist and my back. But gravity is winning even though I am not overweight. I accept my age and am grateful that I am healthy and can do almost everything I ever did. Give yourself a break, you have survived a pandemic. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen moe than a few long sleeve tops that are clearly fall or winter. You can tell b/c they are obviously fall and winter colors. 

Valued Contributor

Many women prefer long sleeves in the summer.  I see a lot of long sleeves being worn where I live.  It's rarely too hot here, but even on very warm days i have been wearing very lightweight cotton shirts.  I like not feeling the sun beating down on my arms.  I'm only talking about very lightweight cotton, not cotton/poly or spandex mixes.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Amen.  I have the same question.  I don't buy the.  It's been hotter than hades in the Southwest. 

@Kachina624      We've broken the heat record 6 days in a row......It's already "the hottest season EVER."

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

There do seem to be a more than the usual number of items with long sleeves this season. I'd rather wear a cap or short sleeve top or a tank and throw a thin sweater in the backseat if needed. It's too hot now for me to wear the sweatshirts and hoodies they have been featuring, but orders have been so delayed maybe if I order now I'll have them in time for fall!

I wear and like most sleeve lengths but have found one that I dislike--the elbow sleeve. I look dumpy and matronly wearing this style and purged the last few from my closet. I think because I have broad shoulders this length cuts my arms at the wrong spot and makes me look 20 lbs heavier and feel 20 years older. That I do not need in my life!

Respected Contributor

I have been wondering the same thing.  I see long sleeves, hooded sweats etc....I wonder if it is the delay in getting stuff from the pandemic and will we be seeing short sleeves in the winter and they will be telling us they are layering pieces....

Super Contributor

Yesterday & today in NE Ohio it is hot and muggy and raining.  

Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 69° as a cold front moves through overnight.

Different areas, different weather, different temperatures, different clothing requirements. 

Honored Contributor

Even thought it's hot and humid in NC, every where I go is highly air conditioned....including at home. I like long sleeves all year around. This time of year I have what J Crew calls "tissue tees...you can almost see through them since they're so lightweight and cotton. I push my tees    and shirts up to the elbow. 

Long sleeve cotton or linen shirts keep me from having to put sunscreen all over my arms. I wear them under sweaters in the winter. 

A lot of the sweats, Barefoot Dreams "weight" items...I agree. It makes me cringe thinking about wearing those or hooded sweatshirts. I have no idea what their buyers are thinking.