Valued Contributor

Why so many long sleeved tops?

It's summer why are there so many long sleeve tops out there.  Susan Graver's TSV, Kim Gravel seems to have so many.  What's up with that

Honored Contributor

Re: Why so many long sleeved tops?

SO many women don't want to show their upper arms they won't even buy a short sleeved tee to wear at home in the summer.  I hear this all day, I am in retail.

Honored Contributor

Amen.  I have the same question.  I don't buy the.  It's been hotter than hades in the Southwest. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Just a wild guess. Maybe the pandemic caused delays in some orders and garments had to be shown later in the year than buyers had originally planned. 

I was watching long sleeves and sweatshirt type tops and bottoms yesterday. I liked a peach top with charcoal bottoms and thought about buying the items for next winter. 

Esteemed Contributor

You'd think that they would atleast run a decent sale on the long sleeved items

Honored Contributor

Ahhh!  Vanity is thy name!

I'm not much different.  My hair is thin so I wear a wig.

I do that even though I know, in life it's just not important what people think of me.  Most people are strangers to each other.

I've always said..true fully...I dress for myself.  But I've heard so often people saying to me, "You don't look like you are 74 years old".  Some of the 'look' is my thick, short hair (wig).

I eat lunch at restaurants 3 to 4 times a week.  Every time my friend and I get out of our cars to go into the restaurant, we both are carrying sweaters.  We keep it in the car just for that reason.  The restaurants are freezing inside.

With that in mind, I still don't want to wear a long sleeve shirt when outside of the restaurant.

As soon as I saw the TSV was a long sleeve blouse, I knew I wouldn't be buying it.  We just finished with Fall and Winter...I'd say I have more than enough long sleeve shirts.

I had my drivers license picture taken with my wig on.  I recently showed it to a friend who's seen me at home without the wig.  I said to her, "I honestly don't think they'd find me if going by this picture".

It's really funny.  I have a love/hate thing going on with this wig.  Several times I've heard, "I love your hair, where'd you go to have it styled?"

A few times I've lifted it up and jokingly said, "Here..you want it?"

Honored Contributor

I don't wear sleeveless anymore, but I refuse to wear long sleeves in the summer.  I just don't get cold, I love air conditioning !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I often wonder when we talk about temperatures what area of their state people live because temps can vary wildly within the same state.  Maybe we could narrow it down just by mentioning what large city we live near.  For me it would be Dallas. in North Texas.    

Honored Contributor

I wondered the same thing...I'll wear sleeveless with a shrug if out in public, but I also like short and elbow length.  NOT buying a long sleeve shirt for summer.  

I would have purchased the white TSV but when I ordered it said waitlist but would not let me put the item on waitlist..I gave up.  It looks comfortable and the sleeves can be rolled up.

Valued Contributor

I live in the northwest corner of Louisiana & there's no way on God's green earth im wearing long sleeves til @ least November!!!!