Respected Contributor

Re: Why is Amy wearing Vince Camuto Shoes?

On 3/4/2015 milly said: If the object is to sell QVC merchandise they should wear items from the show. I thought that was the object rather than wanting non QVC clothing they are wearing.

I am not buying for the host. How it looks on them and what they think is meaningless to me.

If host did wear only QVC clothes on-air it is because that is the job they are paid to do. I watch for the item being present, just as I shop in stores for what they offer, not what sales associates are wearing.

Respected Contributor

On 3/4/2015 mac116 said: I had a part time job at a high end department store. I was required to dress well, but certainly did not have to buy the clothes from that store. The women that worked in juniors wore young, hip clothes. Not necessarily from the store. I don't understand why people think that all of the host's clothes need to come from QVC. I also love a bargain, and try not to spend too much. However I will spend plenty on what I want if I have saved in other areas of my life. I enjoy Amy, and I don't think she deserves all the "hate" .

Amy is as cute as she can be, but I am not Amy and will dress for my body and style, not hers.

Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 pink dogwood said:

Vincent Camuto has graciously and generously donated shoes for FFANY Shoes on Sale in the past. In fact I believe he had a few in this past year's event.

I don't find it in bad taste at all to see Amy sporting VC shoes.

Good point.

Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 mac116 said: I had a part time job at a high end department store. I was required to dress well, but certainly did not have to buy the clothes from that store. The women that worked in juniors wore young, hip clothes. Not necessarily from the store. I don't understand why people think that all of the host's clothes need to come from QVC. I also love a bargain, and try not to spend too much. However I will spend plenty on what I want if I have saved in other areas of my life. I enjoy Amy, and I don't think she deserves all the "hate" .

On fashion shows, the hosts SHOULD be wearing QVC clothing.

I know most women who work at Ann Taylor, the Loft, Anthro, LLLemon, J. Crew...ALL wear the clothing from their store.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

On 3/4/2015 imaclotheshog said:

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}{#emotions_dlg.scared} Regarding Vince Camuto shoes, I was browsing online and found THIS picture someone uploaded apparently from a Nordstrom? Who would post this awful picture and did she think they looked good? IMO these shoes do NOT fit this woman, she has her feet crammed into both styles and not only are her toes hanging outside of the shoe but the black one is so tight on her ankle it looks like it is cutting off circulation. {#emotions_dlg.blink}Why can't women figure out what the correct size is for their feet and why can't they accept that some shoes are not made to fit their feet?

I hope the woman in this picture did not buy either of these pairs of shoes!

Ah, the dreaded Monkey Toe Syndrome. I might know something about that.....................

Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 Iwantcoffee said:
On 3/4/2015 milly said: If the object is to sell QVC merchandise they should wear items from the show. I thought that was the object rather than wanting non QVC clothing they are wearing.

I am not buying for the host. How it looks on them and what they think is meaningless to me.

If host did wear only QVC clothes on-air it is because that is the job they are paid to do. I watch for the item being present, just as I shop in stores for what they offer, not what sales associates are wearing.

That may be, but when viewers see something worn by a host that they like and want to buy but are told it's not a Q item, can you blame them for feeling disappointed and mislead?

It's also a missed opportunity to showcase a Q item that may not be in the line up, won't be presented. Lewis Del Olio knows the value of dressing the models in his jewelry/clothing that isn't going to be presented but is available.

Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2015 imaclotheshog said:
On 3/2/2015 wildcat fan said: I don't understand how/why some women wear shoes with their toes hanging off the front. (See Amy's right foot in previous photo.). Seems like it would hurt, and it's not a good look.

I know, that looks so bad! This is a major pet peeve of mine regarding shoes and women that don't know what size they need.

The shoes are too small! If your toes are hanging off the side or off the end of the toe you should be sizing UP a half size (or a whole size, depending).

I am surprised how many women do not know how to accurately judge what size shoe they wear.

It would annoy me to death to wear shoes with my toes hanging outside the shoe silhouette!

Agree it doesn't look good.

Actually, the foot bed is too pointed except for extremely narrow feet. A larger size would have had her sliding forward and room behind her heel anyway.

Frequent Contributor

I know where to buy the Vince Shoes.....and why she's wearing them...there cute and very stylish. I don't understand why she is wearing them and trying to sell a ""Clark"" shoe...just saying.
Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 wildcat fan said: I don't understand how/why some women wear shoes with their toes hanging off the front. (See Amy's right foot in previous photo.). Seems like it would hurt, and it's not a good look.

I laughed so hard when I read that , my husband is so turned off when he see's women wearing toe cleavage shoes with the toes running away out front, he calls them "curb feelers" it's so unflattering especially if you dont have nice feet.

Honored Contributor

I own many pairs of Vince Camuto shoes and boots--more than I can count, LOL. I have found mine at Dillards, Macys, Nordstroms and HSN.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"